Dryglove Liners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use 3mm wet gloves inside my Kubis, yes they compress at depth but that's where you need the dexterity usually and are least cold due to activity. They are then back at full strength on deco. Also less likely to get sodden if you forget you haven't put your dry gloves on!

If you do get a leak you have some thermal protection in place already.

For getting hands through dry seals I use a 50/50 mix if hair conditioner and water in a small spray bottle. I also spray some on my wrists to remove the suit.

Yeah.. I need to get another bottle. My last one broke.. now it's just pure lazy not getting a new one.

For what it's worth, the G-Loft Hestra liners are great as well. I wear these in the winter and my thinner wool gloves in the summer. Hestra also has the liners in wool pile/terry, but I don't like them as much.

Please don't do that on a technical or *overhead* dive.

Edit: missed the overhead word
In the 8 years that I have had no seals in my drysuit, I have only once nicked a glove and had a minor leak, so not really an issue.

In the 8 years that I have had no seals in my drysuit, I have only once nicked a glove and had a minor leak, so not really an issue.
It is never a problem until it is. A full suit flood together with a deco obligation would not be much fun and could be very dangerous.

Showa 720s last about 15-20 dives before I get pinholes in the left glove....

I love diving without them but wouldn't do so on a tech dive.. chances are slim, but why take it.
It is never a problem until it is. A full suit flood together with a deco obligation would not be much fun and could be very dangerous.
Agreed.
Showa 720s last about 15-20 dives before I get pinholes in the left glove....
Wow, that's wild.. I get about a year.. which is anywhere from 35-45 dives, but then it's dependent on what I'm doing also. If mostly wrecks then spring leaks way faster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom