Dryglove Liners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Fourth Element ones are pricey but awesome. Keep you warm even in a flood...
They look awesome, but man that's pricey.
No seals make it worse, the air goes out as fast as it goes in, warmer (not warm) water is more forgiving, once you let air in it needs to stay for a bit.
That makes sense... I don't know, maybe I'll try seals again with the new suit when it comes. It's just so easy getting the suit on and off without them.

I appreciate everyone's insight. I think I'll give the thicker wool liners a shot. They look like they might fit the bill and not break the bank.

I have not tried any Alpaca gloves but if they are as warm as my Alpaca socks they would be excellent. They are a little pricey, compared to Ragg Wool though, and I have yet to buy some. I can highly recommend Alpaca socks which are the warmest I have ever used.

I have not tried any Alpaca gloves but if they are as warm as my Alpaca socks they would be excellent. They are a little pricey, compared to Ragg Wool though, and I have yet to buy some. I can highly recommend Alpaca socks which are the warmest I have ever used.
That's pretty interesting... would have to dig a little more but this was the 1st thing that popped up;

Is alpaca fleece warmer than sheep’s wool?

Yes, alpaca fleece is warmer than sheep's wool per gram of fiber. Alpaca fibers are completely hollow, whereas sheep’s wool only contains pockets of air. Much like polar bear fur, both fibers allow air to permeate the surface and become trapped inside for a warm wearing experience. Alpacas have an advantage over sheep wool because of the extra hollow space in the fiber. This additional space creates a greater thermal capacity and allows for more warm air to fill the textile and provide extra warmth over its sheep’s wool counterpart.

These are the best solution Ive used. 1 with a pair of 720s or use 2 and a pair of 495s

The g1s really arent that warm.

I have cut seals but only cut a bit so they do seal slightly, on and off they don’t get noticed but can slow any leak that may happen in the glove. I use Showa 3415 gloves (because they are black) with pinnacle thin wool and various other insulator glove liners, Seaskin offers some super thick red fleece that work great but anything being deeply squeezed will make your hands feel the cold, tank a look at the gloves when diving, they really smash down.

I have cut seals but only cut a bit so they do seal slightly, on and off they don’t get noticed but can slow any leak that may happen in the glove. I use Showa 3415 gloves (because they are black) with pinnacle thin wool and various other insulator glove liners, Seaskin offers some super thick red fleece that work great but anything being deeply squeezed will make your hands feel the cold, tank a look at the gloves when diving, they really smash down.

I was yesterday.. they do smash down. I took note that at 45 or 50 min into the dive my hands started to hurt.

I didn't mean to rip my seal, it jsut happened one day when it was 7000F outside and I really just wanted to get tf in the water and drop to 50' or whatever. Moving too fast and it ripped. Later I just cut the other one back and have been fine ever since. The few leaks that I've gotten I just hold my finger over it and swap on the boat.

That makes sense... I don't know, maybe I'll try seals again with the new suit when it comes. It's just so easy getting the suit on and off without them.

I appreciate everyone's insight. I think I'll give the thicker wool liners a shot. They look like they might fit the bill and not break the bank.

🤦‍♀️ Putting some talc or lube on your seals to get them on easier isn’t onerous.

🤦‍♀️ Putting some talc or lube on your seals to get them on easier isn’t onerous.

Very true. This was maybe my 2nd dry glove dive ever and I had read you could go without... so I've been that way ever since. No regerts and donning the suit without them is even easier than looking for talc:)

Yup! Of course, this is the sport where we talk ourselves into spending $1400 on a flashlight...

:D

Yup! Of course, this is the sport where we talk ourselves into spending $1400 on a flashlight...

:D

No Sir... I will make friends with a buddy that I can follow who owns a $1400 flashlight:rofl3:.. I am that cheap.

Back
Top Bottom