Dryglove Liners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have been using the yellow liners up until now you are in for a treat.

I can only imagine,... I'm really not sure what I was thinking. It's like one of those things where you think you know only to find out you really don't know. That about sums up all my diving so far, lol.

The single largest difference in hand warmth I have found is removing the wrist seals. Once I went that route, my hands no longer are the limiting factor.

The single largest difference in hand warmth I have found is removing the wrist seals. Once I went that route, my hands no longer are the limiting factor.

Would you do technical dives without them?

I really enjoy diving without seals.

Would you do technical dives without them?

I really enjoy diving without seals.
I don't even have seals. Technical dives are for the most part all I do. So yes.
I ordered my last suit with gloves attached. I didn't even order seals with it.

In all of my diving, I have never had a glove fail catastrophically. Could it? Sure, but they don't. My suit sleeve could tear just as easily and that never happens either.
All of the glove leaks I ever had stemmed from ring systems. Once I went to attached gloves, I have never had another leak.
I wear undergarments that are designed for diving. They still insulate even when wet. The 4e halo is a warm suit even fully flooded. The G1 liners are also warm, fully flooded. My heated vest is also rated for use with a wetsuit, it doesn't stop working because it flooded.
While finishing a dive flooded isn't ideal, the worry of full on hypothermia with an hour of deco went out with the high loft undies like a weezel.

So to circle around back to this I ordered the Ragg Wool liners from Amazon. They have been amazing, but they keep getting pinched in the ring on the Rolock 90's. Any ideas how I can prevent that from happening?

I'm almost tempted to put them on before I put my undersuit on so it holds the cuffs back nice and tight, but then I lose the dexterity of my hands while getting geared up... maybe tape the cuffs with masking tape?

Any suggestions?

I don't even have seals. Technical dives are for the most part all I do. So yes.
I ordered my last suit with gloves attached. I didn't even order seals with it.

In all of my diving, I have never had a glove fail catastrophically. Could it? Sure, but they don't. My suit sleeve could tear just as easily and that never happens either.
All of the glove leaks I ever had stemmed from ring systems. Once I went to attached gloves, I have never had another leak.
I wear undergarments that are designed for diving. They still insulate even when wet. The 4e halo is a warm suit even fully flooded. The G1 liners are also warm, fully flooded. My heated vest is also rated for use with a wetsuit, it doesn't stop working because it flooded.
While finishing a dive flooded isn't ideal, the worry of full on hypothermia with an hour of deco went out with the high loft undies like a weezel.
im assuming the gloves can be removed and new ones glued on ? -do the gloves you use glue on to the trilaminate or do they have a collar to glue to- my biggest problem is my fists are quite big and I cant wear thick under gloves and get my hand through the ring -

im assuming the gloves can be removed and new ones glued on ? -do the gloves you use glue on to the trilaminate or do they have a collar to glue to- my biggest problem is my fists are quite big and I cant wear thick under gloves and get my hand through the ring -
I use the DUI zip seals, they snap on the suit like a ziplock bag. Changing them is as easy and zipping on a new one.

Back
Top Bottom