Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alemaozinho:
The force fins are easy to put on and off and propably look fancy(or weird,bizarre)but lack a lot in performance and stability (lateral).They also way overprized!

Have you tried them?

Performance lacking? Right. Uh huh. Sure. That's why the world record for underwater distance was set with them.

Stability? Hmm.. being able to move them in the water... yup. Unstable. I hate when I can move my fins -- I'd rather they're just stationary canoe paddles.

I think you meant "overpriced" -- at $99/pair (for the Pro's at Leisure Pro), they are in line with Leisure Pro's price on the Mares Volo. Hmm... not so overpriced after all! Either that or the Volo's are overpriced, too!

jkennedy:
Scuba Pro Twin Jets is your answer..............Later
Yes, that's an answer to the "what sort of outdated piece of hard rubber can I strap to my feet today" question. :)

KrisB:
Were they the Pro model or the regular ones? Was the size right?
I ended up with the XL size and I've so far found the fit well, I'm also glad of the open toe on them.

I'll be posting more in a day or so when I finally get to play with them for real rather than just in the local scuba pool.
Other than that I found them quite good in the pool this morning.:dazzler1:

Oh and I ended up with the pro version{just cause of the in stock colour....black}

Morg_NZ:
I ended up with the XL size and I've so far found the fit well, I'm also glad of the open toe on them.

I'll be posting more in a day or so when I finally get to play with them for real rather than just in the local scuba pool.
Other than that I found them quite good in the pool this morning.:dazzler1:

Oh and I ended up with the pro version{just cause of the in stock colour....black}
Did you try the frog kick? I didn't get a chance when I tried mine out in the freezing cold lake, w/o drysuit & scuba gear :)

mares volo,they suck.who wants the volo,i wrote avanti quattro not volo!Yes i tried several Force fins and when i,m diving i,m surely not trying to break the underwater world distance record,who broke the record anyway?MR.Bean?Instead i observe our wonderful marine life.I,am convinced that the force fins are bloody useless in moderate currents.peace mate

alemaozinho:
mares volo,they suck.who wants the volo,i wrote avanti quattro not volo!Yes i tried several Force fins and when i,m diving i,m surely not trying to break the underwater world distance record,who broke the record anyway?MR.Bean?Instead i observe our wonderful marine life.I,am convinced that the force fins are bloody useless in moderate currents.peace mate

I heard what you said. Presumably, because they say "quote" the Avanti Quattro are more expensive than the Volo at LP. I just checked at Amazon.com (LP sells through them, too) -- the Avanti Quattro's are also $99. Too bloody expensive for a couple canoe paddles, if you ask me.

The point isn't that you're trying to break some record -- it's that the record breaking swim was done with them, obviously leading one to understand that a) they consume less energy than other fins and b) they cause less stress on the skeletal system.

The record was broken by Jens Hilbert -- see http://www.forcefin.com/FF_PAGES/FF_wisewords/testimonials/jens_hilbert.htm

Remain convinced. I have used many other fins also, and must say that they're the ones that work best for me in any current.

How many dive professionals or tech divers choose "Force Fins", answer, not very many. I had a pair, they were easier to walk around, that was it.

One here.

-BubbaFetta

Winton:
How many dive professionals or tech divers choose "Force Fins", answer, not very many. I had a pair, they were easier to walk around, that was it.
I know of a few. Probably all the ones that aren't forced to wear something else by their dive shops. I think that's part of the Force Fin way -- they don't give freebies, because their product speaks for itself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom