Force Fins vs Jetfins - tek diving and all the kicks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to try to be civil and curtail some of my more inflammatory remarks. People are simply expressing a concern that Force Fins are INCREDIBLY expensive...I know the production cost are high and they are hand made but the simple fact remains that they cost more than a BP and wing combination! Secondly they are made for specific applications when most of us dive multiple environments and really don't want/can't afford to have multiple pairs of fins (especially very expensive ones). But the most important issue is that you (and other Force Fin users) seem to get very offended on a personal level when someone criticizes the fins. I use Hog regulators and there are LOTS of people who think they are junk...but I like them, they work for me and I don't need to convince the world. I dive sidemount and have to endure a lot of crap from my back mount friends...but they are entitled to make the choices that work for them and when they deride sidemount I do my best to point out the advantages to me and leave it at that...I don't stand up on a pulpit and scream at the uneducated masses. Foce fins will never get traction in mainstream diving...they are far too expensive, don't work well in all conditions and regardless of all the celebrity diver endorsements there are better fins out there for a lot less money. I think you should take a deep breath, accept that you did your best to convince us otherwise and calm the #$%@ down. I have been diving regularly since 1971...I have seen trends come and go and Force fins are simply too expensive and too mission-specific for most of us. You feel differently and you are entitled that view but stop crapping on everyone with a contrary opinion.

I'm going to try to be civil and curtail some of my more inflammatory remarks. People are simply expressing a concern that Force Fins are INCREDIBLY expensive...I know the production cost are high and they are hand made but the simple fact remains that they cost more than a BP and wing combination! Secondly they are made for specific applications when most of us dive multiple environments and really don't want/can't afford to have multiple pairs of fins (especially very expensive ones). But the most important issue is that you (and other Force Fin users) seem to get very offended on a personal level when someone criticizes the fins. I use Hog regulators and there are LOTS of people who think they are junk...but I like them, they work for me and I don't need to convince the world. I dive sidemount and have to endure a lot of crap from my back mount friends...but they are entitled to make the choices that work for them and when they deride sidemount I do my best to point out the advantages to me and leave it at that...I don't stand up on a pulpit and scream at the uneducated masses. Foce fins will never get traction in mainstream diving...they are far too expensive, don't work well in all conditions and regardless of all the celebrity diver endorsements there are better fins out there for a lot less money. I think you should take a deep breath, accept that you did your best to convince us otherwise and calm the #$%@ down. I have been diving regularly since 1971...I have seen trends come and go and Force fins are simply too expensive and too mission-specific for most of us. You feel differently and you are entitled that view but stop crapping on everyone with a contrary opinion.

I have not crapped on anyone with a contrary opinion unless they made a series of false statements. I never argued when someone said they were expensive - I tried to explain WHY!!

I have been diving since 1969 - YMCA certified - so what has that got to do with anything?

I have tried to inform you that they are not necessarily "mission specific" - just that there are models that perform certain missions in an outstanding way and that you don't need to "over buy" but you do need to know what to buy. You DO NOT NEED multiple pair of fins.

WOW - was that hard to comprehend. And there are not any celebrity diver endorsements - have you EVER seen a Force Fin ad with a celebrity diver?? Come to think of it, have you even seen a Force Fin ad (except in the Force Fin section of Scubaboard's Manufacturer's Forum)???

So I get upset at people who make false statements - as you said - "get over it!!"

All I have tried to ever do is to educate because people have asked questions or made statements that needed explanation such as "why do they cost so much" or "why is it hard to frog kick with Force Fins" not realizing that there are certain models that were never designed for frog kicking (like split fins) but there are models that do.

I would bet you do exactly the same (which you sort of admitted) when it comes to diving side mount. If I had interest and you provided me with reasons and I started complaining about the cost, you would respond the same as I have - "if you find it will benefit your diving style, then don't complain about the cost. If cost is your only consideration, then don't use that type of equipment."

I mentioned I was certified in 1971 to illustrate that I know what I am taking about (and unlike you I didn't take 33 years off) and it is you who obsessed about the celebrity endorsements...John Chatteron etc. I tried to be reasonable but it sounds like you have been off your meds for a long time. May the Farce (fins) be with you.

Last edited:
I tried to be reasonable but it sounds like you have been off your meds for a long time. May the Farce (fins) be with you.

Another intelligent comment from the master!! I yield to your superior intellect.

I am sure there is a village in Newfoundland needing you - you've been missing for a long time. :D

Another intelligent comment from the master!! I yield to your superior intellect.

I am sure there is a village in Newfoundland needing you - there former one has died. :D

Toronto is in Ontario and it's spelled "their" not "there" so you clearly didn't spend those 33 years in school.

Please cool your jets, folks.

If you're going to talk about fins, talk about fins.
If you're going to talk about each other, stop.

Reactions: RJP
I apologize for my inflammatory comments but I stand by my well-crafted arguments ;-)

I mentioned I was certified in 1971 to illustrate that I know what I am taking about (and unlike you I didn't take 33 years off) and it is you who obsessed about the celebrity endorsements...John Chatteron etc. I tried to be reasonable but it sounds like you have been off your meds for a long time. May the Farce (fins) be with you.

Although 1971 was a few years before I was born, and I don't have the the experience of many here, I found the Extra Force, tan delta, with whiskers, are the most comfortable, and the 2nd fastest fins I have dived. There isn't a kick that can not be done in these fins. I would not have paid list price for them when I bought them, but I would now if I ever need to replace them.

This thread seems to be people who own and like Force Fins and those mad at the cost. Some of the posts are just silly.

TN, I wouldn't risk getting carpal tunnel over this anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the future - anyone who has questions about Force Fins can PM me.

I am done being insulted by irrational individuals who want to hijack a thread for their own nefarious purposes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom