For Sale Rix SA-6 compressor board and cyl's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cookie

While I welcome and respect your comments
Let me remind you what this section of the forum is all about.

"This is where we talk about the machinery used to fill our scuba tanks!`"

I trust you fully appreciate our ability to exercise this as members and capability to do just that.

Not only that but I disagree with “cookie” that even if this was in the correct forum, SBers should not be muzzled when they see a problem with a listing. We’re first a community then a marketplace.

Cookie

While I welcome and respect your comments
Let me remind you what this section of the forum is all about.

"This is where we talk about the machinery used to fill our scuba tanks!`"

I trust you fully appreciate our ability to exercise this as members and capability to do just that.

Not only that but I disagree with “cookie” that even if this was in the correct forum, SBers should not be muzzled when they see a problem with a listing. We’re first a community then a marketplace.

Oh. Now my feelings are hurt. I'll just go to my safe place now.

@Fla2nyc Iain runs the engineering company that Rix uses for Europe. you can see some pics of his in this thread, but they look better than they do when they are new from Rix. Now did that warrant his comment, no, but his does look really bloody good.

My RIX SA-6 Conversion and Setup

The HP tanks for reference are not worth that much. They can be had with fresh hydro, internal blast, external blast and paint job up here for $250 each

Ok, thats great, the key word is "up here" well "down here" they begin at 400 and go up, so lets buy them "up here" and ship them "down there" ! "up here"pays tax "down here" pays shipping, got any idea how much shipping is for say 1,000 miles on a tank? I do and i guarantee you its not $10,

"It's not that bad for a compressor last used in the Korean War I guess"

Just corrected that for you.
But its still scrap. Take a careful look.
Ok hot shot, im gonna show everyone your that your just a blow hard with no money. Cause your here looking to buy a compressor , right, not just shoot your mouth off cause your bored, thats what this post is about..
So Ill give you this entire setup for $4,900 cash you pick it up.
Ok theres a price you cant touch on this setup any where in north america..

Its been awhile but i think a rebuild was around 400 or 500 in parts ,, so At that price you can rebuild this compressor at least 2x , and have a nice station and still be under 6k..

Its always the guys with no money and who've never had to buy anything that shoot their mouths off,

Ok hot shot ,,
Ill tell you what, You all like shooting your mouths off , its scrap, it this, its that , this is a forsale post, for people looking to BUY, and because your posting or commenting here, i take it your looking to buy and not just here going from post to post running peoples gear down, soo with that in mind , its put up or shut the f#$k up time ..I personally dont think you all have 2 nickels to rub together, so lets find out shall we.
You guys poppin off ,, Ill give you this entiire setup for $4900 cash you pick it up in fla , thats a price you cant touch anywhere in north america on this setup wether its scrap or not.
So now you guys should be fighting ea other to get here first , ill leave the light on

@Fla2nyc Iain is the european extension of Rix handling service and engineering for them, he's more qualified on those compresors than anyone on this board...

Maintenance kit is $1201.00 for reference, and the 2nd stage piston is another $91.05

as for the cascade bottles, $250-$300 is standard even in Florida, last ones I saw were about $280 with new hydro/blast/paint in Orlando. Fire departments are liquidating 4500psi bottles which is why they are so cheap right now as they are upgrading to 6000psi systems. They have not been $400 since the departments have started moving to 6000psi systems as the 4500's are obsolete

For reference I bought a 6cfm compressor with 4 cascade bottles in similar condition for $800 about 12 months ago. Granted it was gas not electric, but still. $4900 isn't that bad for this setup if it didn't need at least a $1300 rebuild.

Ok, thats great, the key word is "up here" well "down here" they begin at 400 and go up, so lets buy them "up here" and ship them "down there" ! "up here"pays tax "down here" pays shipping, got any idea how much shipping is for say 1,000 miles on a tank? I do and i guarantee you its not $10,

I'm in Florida too. You're wrong. I can get them less than $400. Just takes some research and maybe an hour or two drive.

Sorry you don't like that people don't like your price but that's one beat to hell looking rix. I think you'd be lucky to get a penny over $2800. But that's just my opinion. Not that you asked for it. But you seem like someone that needs a dose of reality.

@Fla2nyc Iain runs the engineering company that Rix uses for Europe. you can see some pics of his in this thread, but they look better than they do when they are new from Rix. Now did that warrant his comment, no, but his does look really bloody good.

My RIX SA-6 Conversion and Setup

The HP tanks for reference are not worth that much. They can be had with fresh hydro, internal blast, external blast and paint job up here for $250 each
And whats that companys name? The one whos got 4600 psi fresh tanks for $250,, id like to call them and see about getting one or two..

And whats that companys name? The one whos got 4600 psi fresh tanks for $250,, id like to call them and see about getting one or two..

safe air systems just outside of Charlotte NC has them.
I'm sure these guys will have some as well. Whoever does your local FD SCBA service is where you'll find those kind of deals
Service Center
Cylinder Services | Hydrostat Inc. Deerfield Beach FL

Ok , i dont care what a system looks like its what it does thats important, i can buy a corvette with no motor and plate it in gold , that doesnt mean i can drive it down the road.
wheres all his forsale posts, id like to see his prices, for a complete rix small diveshop setup

Back
Top Bottom