For Sale Rix SA-6 compressor board and cyl's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fla2nyc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
AF1QipPtB6kX5O9USx5d_xaDF_3LM1dijzuDG4HHo_ijRw0KLOAsRDHr-NWwHXPYccK2VQ
ok 3rd time im trying to post these pics , sorry but im not use to dealing with off site hosting

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=VlJ5eDhJNmFiSDA5N3BxenJSVUFjNzQ2X205RjJB

For sale
RIX Sweet Air SA-6 compressor
Baldor True 5hp 220v motor
4 zone valve cascade i was running 6 hp cyls (2 per zone) and one o2
2 din tank fill
Filling station board with guages and onboard air filtertration
I had whips for 8 storage tanks(i can only find 7 right now)
Incuded are also
2 4600psi Poseidon HP storage cylinders
I can only find the crappy stock rix intake cone wich i hesitate to call a filter, i cant find the one i had ,, but theyre cheap to make as you all know, under $30, but if i can find it , thatll also go with this unit too, i might save you a couple more bucks on pvc if your gonna do a elavated thru wall down pickup intake setup

This is a really nice setup perfect for nitrox the only thing its lacking for trimix is a nice haskel booster pump

Everything must go.

I havent used this in a few years as i broke my back and its fused together with plates now and now i have 6 more ruptured discs throughout my spine requiring even more surgery, I keep telling myself im gonna start diving again but i need to face reality, thats not gonna happen..

I think this setup is in mostly good condition but it might need a guage or two and one of the pistons redone , its been awhile but i seem to remember redoing one or two of the pistons , if recollection serves me right theres three stages,, a low, mid and high pressure, im pretty sure i did the low and mid or the mid and hi , but its been a few years , theyre not hard to do and it takes about an hour or so to rebuild.

When New this setup was well over 10k i think i paid 7500 or 8500 for just the compressor because i insisted on having the baldor motor on it, wich is not a cheap motor by any stretch

Give me your Best offer ..

This makes me sick to have to part with this setup..

This setup is located in the Jensen Beach / Port St Lucie area of Florida and ready to pick up at your convienience.

Last edited:
pictures might help

its not THAT bad , depending what the op wants for it I see 3k don't judge a book by its cover , my compressor system cost me 7k and looked like crap a paint job rebuild and it looks and operates like brand new

So l
I can see a 30 year old piece of scrap, which I hesitate to call a Rix
so lets see your compressor?
Btw ive never seen in any manual that chipped or discolored paint or dust on the outside affects how a unit performs internally.. can you please direct me to that manual?

Btw This unit has only had the pistons changed out once, i shouldve put that in there,

Ok lets start at $6000 and go down from there ...
You know the hp tanks used alone are worth 450-550 ea, ea hp fitting is $25-$30 new, the filtration is bauer and the can alone is $980 ..the only things not here for a complete dive shop setup is the intake (wich most are custom anyhow) and two cga adapters for std usa valves , it has two euro din adapters on the fill whips

@Fla2nyc Iain runs the engineering company that Rix uses for Europe. you can see some pics of his in this thread, but they look better than they do when they are new from Rix. Now did that warrant his comment, no, but his does look really bloody good.

My RIX SA-6 Conversion and Setup

The HP tanks for reference are not worth that much. They can be had with fresh hydro, internal blast, external blast and paint job up here for $250 each

No offense but all of your quotes of what things are worth isn't that accurate. My truck cost me $60k new, but now has 80k miles. What I paid years ago is irrelevant now. Iain's comment was a little harsh but not that far off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom