First time Scuba Club Cozumel in 11 days. Looking for some advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DON, How could you knock the corn? Have you had it? It aint Kinta, but its REALLY good. Are you the guy that was in the wrong line and wanted ice cream? :icecream::icecream:
Just always looked ewwww, like Menudo - which I hoped they'd ban in the US because of Mad Cow, but I guess not.

Hmmmm, I think I will go to the steak house that offers Mountain Oysters this weekend tho. Yumm! I cooked a batch of those in a hospitality suite at a Mensa conventions once. :laughing: The nerds got to discussing possible genera of freshwater mollusks that might be found in the mountains, but word leaked out. No leftovers tho.

Just always looked ewwww, like Menudo - which I hoped they'd ban in the US because of Mad Cow, but I guess not.

Hmmmm, I think I will go to the steak house that offers Mountain Oysters this weekend tho. Yumm! I cooked a batch of those in a hospitality suite at a Mensa conventions once. :laughing: The nerds got to discussing possible genera of freshwater mollusks that might be found in the mountains, but word leaked out. No leftovers tho.

You know after watching the Food Network, I have considered trying that if it was fixed right. SO next trip, try the corn. Its an experience at least.

You know after watching the Food Network, I have considered trying that if it was fixed right. SO next trip, try the corn. Its an experience at least.
Fixed right? Skin 'em if the butcher hasn't yet, cut up into chicken gizzard sizes, batter like chicken and fry.

Corn is a very nutritional food. The Mayan diet of corn, beans, and squash is pretty well balanced; add Mexican chilies and onions - great. But there are so many better ways to fix corn; had it on the cob with butter tonight: yummmm!

After diving in some of the truly, most dodgy places in the world, I have a few suggestions that I use for travel. This may not be necessary for many, but I have seen and had reason to do these things:
When flying, I take my reg and dive computer carry on all the time. They can delay my luggage all they want, I have my best and most expensive items with me.
I don't take my laptop. I am on vacation and it can't walk off at home.
I never leave anything in a room or on a boat that I am afraid to leave or lose.
Always take lots of small bills in good condition. Find out if you need local currency and get small bills. And understand the exchange rate!
Always take the extra dive. Use every available minute.
Always do more than one night dive. They are right- absolutely worth it.
Try Everything! You didn't go such a long distance to eat at some chain restaurant or tourist trap. Find the hole in wall. If there are lots of locals there- go for it. and I have had the esquites. Fantastic.

Fixed right? Skin 'em if the butcher hasn't yet, cut up into chicken gizzard sizes, batter like chicken and fry.

Corn is a very nutritional food. The Mayan diet of corn, beans, and squash is pretty well balanced; add Mexican chilies and onions - great. But there are so many better ways to fix corn; had it on the cob with butter tonight: yummmm!

I think I would need pretty small bites. Oh and NO on the gizzards. Jeez youre a country boy there Don.
As to the esquites, my brother in law puts mayo on his corn on the cob. Seemed weird until I had it the esquites. I still havent hear you say you tried it either.....

I think I would need pretty small bites. Oh and NO on the gizzards. Jeez youre a country boy there Don.
As to the esquites, my brother in law puts mayo on his corn on the cob. Seemed weird until I had it the esquites. I still havent hear you say you tried it either.....
Well, you have to have some pretty good cowboy contacts to get real calf fries. Back when we used to received hundreds of weaned calves a year to run on winter wheat, mom wouldn't allow them in the house - so we'd save them in a jug of water at every branding, then dad would take them to selected friends. We were pretty popular at such times.

What you can buy maybe is butchered bull testicles, already skinned and sliced so use kitchen shears to cut to suit. Make a batter with whole milk, egg, and spices, roll in flour, repeat once, and fry. I used the same batter on some and pieces of zucchini once and we really couldn't tell much difference. You might prefer the fried squash.

Mayo on corn cobs? Gawd! I don't know if I've ever had Esquites but sounds interesting. The mayo still sounds odd, but so did popcorn and M&Ms until I tried them.

Ok, you guys! FWIW, elotes = corn-on-the-cob - often smeared with mayonaise and sprinkled with chili powder, usually served on a stick. You can get elotes fully loaded, mayo, rolled in salty cheese, with lime and chili. CV's brother-in-law knows what's good. What time's lunch?

166708711_e782f53be7.jpg

image from Crazy Cactus Grill.

"Back when we used to received hundreds of weaned calves a year to run on winter wheat, mom wouldn't allow them in the house..."

Don, your mother was a wise woman. I wouldn't let the calves in the house either. :wink:

Well, you have to have some pretty good cowboy contacts to get real calf fries. Back when we used to received hundreds of weaned calves a year to run on winter wheat, mom wouldn't allow them in the house - so we'd save them in a jug of water at every branding, then dad would take them to selected friends. We were pretty popular at such times.

What you can buy maybe is butchered bull testicles, already skinned and sliced so use kitchen shears to cut to suit. Make a batter with whole milk, egg, and spices, roll in flour, repeat once, and fry. I used the same batter on some and pieces of zucchini once and we really couldn't tell much difference. You might prefer the fried squash.

Mayo on corn cobs? Gawd! I don't know if I've ever had Esquites but sounds interesting. The mayo still sounds odd, but so did popcorn and M&Ms until I tried them.

Wait a minute..... You thought corn looked ewwww, and you made fun of corn but you're all happy about eating bull nuts? :rofl3:

Having accumulated a few million frequent flyer miles in my 36 short years alive and been fortunate to have eaten in every corner of the globe, I can only offer this I eat no balls and the first time I ever had elotes they were on the cob from a street vendor on some back alley in Tepoztlán Mexico. Looked just like this picture and they were great.... However the fried ant egg taco was much better.

166708711_e782f53be7.jpg

Now that being said

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom