Cozumel Palace & Dive Ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltCat1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

My family and I will be staying at Cozumel Palace next February for 7 days. I searched the threads here, but there doesn't seem to be any recent posts about Cozumel Palace & dive ops?

Which dive ops would you recommend to use that would be somewhat close? Also, I'd like to bring an al19 pony with me, would this be a problem?

This trip will be our first time to Cozumel any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello,

My family and I will be staying at Cozumel Palace next February for 7 days. I searched the threads here, but there doesn't seem to be any recent posts about Cozumel Palace & dive ops?

Which dive ops would you recommend to use that would be somewhat close? Also, I'd like to bring an al19 pony with me, would this be a problem?

Thank you!
We use onsite Aqua Safari and have always been satisfied. The divemasters and crew are great. They have slower boats (over an hour to Palancar) which we don't mind (and appreciate that they have a head.) They may have their new faster boats in service by Feb. You may want to reserve your spot. Feb isn't peak but can be busy.

I've only seen ponies onboard a couple of times, but I can't imagine why it would be a problem.

Alot of better dive operators will pick you up at the Palace dock. One thing to consider resort credits can be used on diving but Only on slow big boats. You cannot upgrade to their fast small boats.

I don't like an hour+ ride to just get to Palancar reef. I like to get to the better far south reefs in a fast boat and spend the SI at a beach club.

I don't like an hour+ ride to just get to Palancar reef. I like to get to the better far south reefs in a fast boat and spend the SI at a beach club.
Mostly I agree, but I don't much care where I spend the SI.

Alot of better dive operators will pick you up at the Palace dock. One thing to consider resort credits can be used on diving but Only on slow big boats. You cannot upgrade to their fast small boats.

While I have been an Aldora fan for many years, using credits for diving would be a reasonably choice.

I am a boater and I enjoy the boat ride. I watch the shore scenery and look for spots I can explore from land at a later time, I watch for flying fish, I enjoy the sun and salt spray, I talk with the others and make new friends, I talk with the captain and crew, I clean my mask, I ready cameras, etc. etc.

I have dove the Palace and Aquasafari many times in the past, but after experiencing Aldora and the local food, I won't be going back to either. The Palace is a really nice resort, but it's like being on a land based cruise ship, same food, same people, no beach and the slowest boats on the Island. Give me a 6 pack Panga with twin 150's and 2 HP Steel 117 Nitrox tanks at Aldora any day.

Hello,

Thank you!
I’d use Aldora

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom