Capsized boats in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m on the island today. Port is closed for winds. The desk guy at Aldora told us two boats capsized in heavy seas recently. Searching the threads provided only some confusing info. Anyone who knows what happened, I would appreciate info. Were they dive boats? Where were they when they capsized? Was anyone killed? Thanks

Rich Hagelin

I’m on the island today. Port is closed for winds. The desk guy at Aldora told us two boats capsized in heavy seas recently. Searching the threads provided only some confusing info. Anyone who knows what happened, I would appreciate info. Were they dive boats? Where were they when they capsized? Was anyone killed? Thanks

Rich Hagelin
There was this in the news...

And this other report...
Another boat sank yesterday too, and 2 died.
The captain and a sailor of the boat 'Tauro', which capsized yesterday, were found dead after an exhaustive search carried out by the Secretary of the Navy, and naval and local authorities on the island of Cozumel.

On Sunday afternoon, at 6:00 p.m., the disappearance of the boat that was transporting six people, four tourists and two service providers, on a tourist tour at the northern tip of the island was reported, due to the bad weather generated. by cold front number 16.

In an unfortunate twist, the four travelers managed to abandon the ship before it sank and were found in good condition.

However, the 30-year-old sailor and the 65-year-old captain were trapped on the boat, apparently deciding not to evacuate the vessel.

The authorities, including the Secretariat of the Navy and the Secretariat of Citizen Security, activated search protocols last night.

It hasn't capsized but there are videos on the FB page Cozumel 4 You showing a sailboat with it's sails up seriously grounded in very shallow water at La Monina.

It hasn't capsized but there are videos on the FB page Cozumel 4 You showing a sailboat with it's sails up seriously grounded in very shallow water at La Monina.
000.jpg

Another canvas for the graffiti artists?

I saw a video of the sailboat being dragged out to deeper water. No idea if it's damaged or seaworthy.

Seen pictures of just the mast sticking out of the water - it sank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom