First Time Cozumel Trip 8/13-8/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your heart is not set on a dive resort consider Villa Escondida B & B in town. We are staying there right now. Its three blocks in and one block over walking distance to the pier for pick up from many of the dive boats including Aldora.
It looks very nice and to each his own, but when I am on Cozumel I've gotta stay where I can see the water.

It looks very nice and to each his own, but when I am on Cozumel I've gotta stay where I can see the water.
I understand and we debated this. But on dive trips like this we spend so much time on the water it really is a nonissue for us. And in June (or August), on the water means afternoon sun and heat. Right now I am sitting with my feet in the pool and in a lovely shaded garden. It is actually a nice change from our "usual."

And did I mention we are paying just over 800 dollars for 10 nights? For both of us and that includes all taxes and fees. But of course it does not include diving.

Last edited:
I will say too if your main purpose is diving for this trip as was mine, you will be tired each night. We typically did 2 boat dives and a shore dive in 20 ft of water most days and by 9 or 10 we were dead tired and in bed. Theres some to do on the island at night but not a whole lot that I saw. You can drive the whole perimeter of the island in about an hr if I remember correctly. We were there the 2nd week of December and got to see their island Christmas party and parade which was pretty neat. The only regret we had was we went to Coconuts for lunch the day we went to the Gulf side and we didnt get to go over there during the night. I'm sure its a blast there at night.

You cant go to coconuts at night. The east side closes at dusk and is patrolled. Only allowed to be over there if staying at hotel besides coconuts or doing turtle rescue.

You cant go to coconuts at night. The east side closes at dusk and is patrolled. Only allowed to be over there if staying at hotel besides coconuts or doing turtle rescue.
Coconuts used to have a nighttime party every month during the full moon. They don't any more?

Have you checked out any of the condos at El Cantil? It's slow season and you may be able to get a great deal on a unit. Google, use VRBO to see what's there. We rented a 2 bedroom unit for cost of a 1 bedroom. It's in town and has a great pool and a pier. If you stay in town away from the water you have many cheap options. Casa Consuela is nice and Tarimindo B&B apartments are in a great location. Many options for diving. I like diving with the Al80. I can get 60 minutes and by then, even in 85 degree water, I get cold. I feel overweighted with a 120, it's uncomfortable for me. Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Thanks again everyone. Greatly appreciated.

We stay at the Casa Mexicana and dive with Blue XTSea.....highly recommend both.

As to our three favourite restaurants I'd have to pick Los Otates, La Choza and Le Chef. Lots of other good ones but these three have good food at a reasonable price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom