First Time Cozumel Trip 8/13-8/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last two times we have been we stayed at Suites Bahia and Casa Mexicana and dove with Tres Pelicanos. Jennie with 3P's can book the rooms and the diving. Both hotels are down town and easy walking distance from a number of good restaurants. 3P's usually provide transportation from their shop to the boat- the shop is a block from either place on top of that.

Other option is Grand Cozumel Diving. Located downtown on the 5th Avenue.
They have a promotion right now $535us/person for 5 days of diving and accommodation.
They have a really nice boat, the Anita. With bathroom and sun deck. It's big but they do small groups of usually 3-4 divers. They also let you do long dives (60-70+ min). Lunch is served on board with. Great atmosphere on the boat. Trilingual instructors (French/English/Spanish)

The rooms are also quite nice, king size beds, with AC, WiFi, private bathroom, access to a kitchen and to the backyard with pool. It's not an hotel and it's not on the beauch though, it's more like a BnB type of place. It's also really well located close to all amenities.

There not really well known yet because they use to have their diveshop a bit far from downtown but they've been on the island for 8 years. They opened their new shop downtown last year.

Why are you speaking in the third person about your own dive shop? :wink:

There not really well known yet because they use to have their diveshop a bit far from downtown but they've been on the island for 8 years. They opened their new shop downtown last year

SO where were you located before? Why have we never heard of you before? I looked on your website and your rooms are $170 a night for 1 bedroom and your dives are $95 for a 2 tank dive. You say you will offer me a week for $535? Doesn't add up.

SO where were you located before? Why have we never heard of you before? I looked on your website and your rooms are $170 a night for 1 bedroom and your dives are $95 for a 2 tank dive. You say you will offer me a week for $535? Doesn't add up.

The diveshop use to be in the backyard of our accommodation on the 65th avenue in Cozumel. The owners are French Canadian and 95% of our clients are from Québec Canada. We are really well known in the region of Montreal. It's only since November last year when we opened the shop downtown that we started to have divers from all around the world. This is why not a lot of people have heard from us.

The room you saw at $170us are from our condo on the beach which are not available for our promotion. We also have rooms for $60us to $75us always depending on the season. Right now, as mentioned in the previous comment we have the promotion 7 nights and 5 days of diving for $535us. So basically you get your accommodation for free the day you dive with us and pay a little more for the room for the extra nights.

Why are you speaking in the third person about your own dive shop? :wink:

Hi ! Thanks for sending us the message. The reason why the original message was written in 3rd person was because one of my employe took care of it. We are new to the www.scubaboard.com forum so it we are still a bit confused about how to use it properly. I made sure in the second post we made (the one answering to "diverokc") that it was clear that it was us answering the questions.

I apologize if what was done was against any terms of use or rules of the forum and I'll make sure in the future that all comments will be posted as a first person.

Thank you very much for pointing out right away what was wrong.

Grand Cozumel diving. How do you get around the rule in mexico of the 10 to 1 ratio of locals to foreigners working for your company. ? just wondering. I see your boat captain is possibly a local? I prefer to keep my money with local ops that employ locals. Most of the people I know prefer this also.

I will suggest where I have stayed before at hotel Cozumel and resort. I can usually get AI for around $110 for 2. The food isn't great but the AI is only around $10-$15 per day extra. If you drink at all its worth it. They do have a breakfast only option. Being there to dive it is nice to get up eat breakfast and go diving. super convenient. I don't think I ate dinner there one time last trip . We go to town for dinners and sometimes lunch. Also they have a nice dock where any of the dive ops will pick you up. The onsite dive op is dive paradise. they have fast and slow boats and I have dove with them for years.

I will add one thing. I stay at a lot of different places and one nice thing about the resorts is the pool areas where people gather and talk diving or whatever. I have stayed at suites Bahia before and there is no real interaction with other travelers and nowhere to just hang out. You can go to a beach club or something. Being coz newbies I think a cheap AI close to town like hotel coz or park royal would be good. You meet the best people on the boats.

enjoy

I'm going there next month, so I too am interested in reading your comments.

By the way, what is AI?

Dan T- AI is all inclusive. Hotel Cozumel offers a breakfast only and all inclusive. The food isn't 5 star but is ok. You can read lots of reviews. It will be slow season when you go and the hotel will probably be empty. Thats why you should have paid about 25% less in slow season. They breakfast is always good and you can get fresh grilled fajitas and things for lunch and dinner. I think its well worth the price as long as you don't expect the Cozumel palace. enjoy I go again at the end of august.

Back
Top Bottom