First Time Cozumel Trip 8/13-8/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grand Cozumel diving. How do you get around the rule in mexico of the 10 to 1 ratio of locals to foreigners working for your company. ? just wondering. I see your boat captain is possibly a local? I prefer to keep my money with local ops that employ locals. Most of the people I know prefer this also.

Hi !

The business is a Mexican/Canadian partnership. All our captains and marineros (boat crew) are locals. Our accounting/administration team is also Mexican with the exception of the director who's French Canadian. We have 2 full-time instructors working for us. One of them is Mexican and the other one is Swiss, both of them speaking English, Spanish and French. We always hire local Instructors during high season to complete our team when there's no language barrier between the divers and the guide. There's approximately 80 000 people living in Cozumel and the island has different ratio/laws than the rest of the country with immigration. Finding competent and serious instructor who can speak French fluently can be difficult here and it's a necessity for us. We've been on the Island for 8 years and our lawyer always make sure that we do things in order and properly.

Thanks for you interest !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom