Finished CCR Cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

down4fun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last week I had the "pleasure" of taking ccr cave with Mel Clark. It was a grueling 5 day class that left me exhausted, with bloody fingers and more experience. The class pushed me physically and mentally and I am better for it. I was going to type a report, but the truth is, I am sure it was like most any other full cave class, tons of drills, every conceivable failure and emergency and combination thereof possible.
I don't remember who said it, or on which board, but they said something to the effect of when the dive you are doing feels like "a lot" then don't go any further, when the dive you are doing feels very comfortable and situations that arise you handle competently you are ready to move on to the next level. When I first started diving 60ft was deep, then 130ft. The first dive I did to 150ft I was like "holy crap I am at 150ft" and now I dive to 200ft regularly. And I see the caves the same way. When we were 1000ft back in the cave during class I was never so happy to turn the dive and start exiting. My instructor said I was like a barn sour horse, racing back to the barn. It was true. I acknowledge it and accept it. So for now it will be little dives in the front end of the cave and I am sure I will progress, just like i did with the deep stuff. But for now I just want to enjoy the journey.

Kim :hugs:

Short write-up but it hits all the right points. Congratulations on finishing your CCR Cave class. I'm so proud of you!!!!

You are such an inspiration to me. Hopefully I'll see you when I visit FL next.

Enjoy your journey and safe dives!

congrats man!

where did you do your dives?

Day 1 Devils Ear to the maple leaf put the jump in but exited the gold line.
Day 2 4 at Peacock 2 on the peanut line and 2 on the pothole line
day 3 3 in little River don't know the names of the lines there to say what we did.
Day 4 2 in peacock one was the Nicholson tunnel
Day 5 Devils Ear jump to bone room up to our maple leaf jump and out the gold line stopping to pick up our bone room jump.

Just learning the systems so I hope I got the names right.

Nice report Kim.

Check out her profile picture.. HOTTT.
:)

point taken

Day 1 Devils Ear to the maple leaf put the jump in but exited the gold line.
Day 2 4 at Peacock 2 on the peanut line and 2 on the pothole line
day 3 3 in little River don't know the names of the lines there to say what we did.
Day 4 2 in peacock one was the Nicholson tunnel
Day 5 Devils Ear jump to bone room up to our maple leaf jump and out the gold line stopping to pick up our bone room jump.

Just learning the systems so I hope I got the names right.

so, do you uh....come here often?

Congratulations!

I can only imagine the difficulty it must have been.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom