Finally getting off my butt and chasing my dreams....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board. I finally bit the bullet and completed my DM last year at 49. Very challenging, but lots of fun.

I still wonder what I am going to do when I grow up.

Dive Safe.

42 years old here and I just got my AOW 2 weeks ago...so you CAN teach an old dog new tricks...welcome to the board!!

smilies-41093.png

Be sure to check out your local dive club here and post your problem on the computer forum....

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP above to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

You're goin' to regret it. You're gonna have a sore butt. Be careful not to hurt yourself kickin' yourself in selfsame butt for waiting so long.:D:D:D

It's a good idea to have your learning over with before your daugher starts, IMHO.

Enjoy the adventure!:14:

From observing others, it can be an incredibilbe experience to share with you children. It can change your lifetime relationships!

50 this past Monday.
Perhaps we can talk the Administrators into an Old Geezer Forum !
Welcome Aboard !

PePaw:
50 this past Monday.
Perhaps we can talk the Administrators into an Old Geezer Forum !

Would that be private? If not you would have all sorts of people lying about their age to get in there with you.

Welcome to Scubaboard. Good to have you with us. This is a great place to find local divers and all things that relate to diving. Enjoy the forums.

45yrold_newbie:
Hello all! I have wanted to be a diver since I was a young tyke and watched Jacques Cousteau. I have snorkled alot in the Bahamas and even the GBR off of Cairns. Now it is time to learn to dive for real. I have promised my 8 year old daughter that we would learn togethor but I can't wait another 3-4 years so I figured I'd get a head start and then help her learn early. I enjoyed the spirited threads opn PADI vs NAUI vs SSI etc and I look forward to getiing cert'd and meeting many new friends.

Let's see - you want to become OW certified so you can skip the rules and teach your child to dive before the certification agencies allow her to.

Dumb ideal - Where is Walter on this one!

Geez all you kids, I have kids older than most of you all:rofl3: I use my social security check to pay for my diving:eyebrow: so you guys just keep working, please.:10: Next month I go on Medicare:D

I agree, I think there should be an Ole Coots forum, or something like that. I sometimes book my friend and I playing music as the ParaCoots.

Anyway welcome abored the scubaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom