Finally getting off my butt and chasing my dreams....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan:
Let's see - you want to become OW certified so you can skip the rules and teach your child to dive before the certification agencies allow her to.

Dumb ideal - Where is Walter on this one!

I don't recall saying I intended to skip any rules. Chill out..I simply said I couldn't wait to start myself and that I would then be able to help her learn when she is ready.

Thanks for everyone's warm welcome. I look forward to my new life adventures.

If anyone lives in the Chitown area and has any feedback on which local DS might be best suited for an "Old Newbie" I 'd appreciate the input.

BTW How old is too old to dive? :rofl3:

45yrold_newbie:
Thanks for everyone's warm welcome. I look forward to my new life adventures.

If anyone lives in the Chitown area and has any feedback on which local DS might be best suited for an "Old Newbie" I 'd appreciate the input.

BTW How old is too old to dive? :rofl3:

I haven't found out yet, I will email you when I pass a 100:rofl3:

45yrold_newbie:
I don't recall saying I intended to skip any rules. Chill out..I simply said I couldn't wait to start myself and that I would then be able to help her learn when she is ready.

You original post clearly states " so I figured I'd get a head start and then help her learn early".

It states nothing about waiting until she is old enough or having her take a certification class.

DeputyDan:
You original post clearly states " so I figured I'd get a head start and then help her learn early".

It states nothing about waiting until she is old enough or having her take a certification class.

It also does not state that he is going to skip any of the rules or teach his daughter how to dive. If we want to "read" into what he writes then fine, I believe he is saying that he wants to learn now so that when his daughter is age appropriate to enter the certification programs then he will be able to knowledgably discuss and process the experience that she is going through. Sounds like good parenting.

Welcome aboard. The club is big and there is room for everyone.:coffee:

Thanks for the support Busdiver. That is exactly what I meant. If I can help her to learn basics and then guide her through the cert class that is what I intend to do.

If DeputyDan is really a law officer then I'll be sure to stay the hell out of Raliegh! Chicago is bad enough.....GEEEZ!

Hey Sub I see you are from Pontiac. Not too far from me, do you dive anywhere close? If so where as I won't be able to go to the exotic spots every weekend and suspect I'll want to spend as much time under the water as possible.

I notice you have the sub pin were you in the Navy?

Due to work schedules etc it has taken me a little longer than planned, but.....I have my OW Checkout dives scheduled for the weekend for the weekend of Aug 4th and can't wait.

See you all underneath soon!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom