Filter systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdreamer

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a double tower hyper-filter system for under $2600? It is part #44350 in the Global catalog, just trying to do a little cost comparison. Our compressor is an Ingersol Rand and we need something that will be ok
with using a fair amount of 02 for nitrox. It doesn't have to be brand new.

Terri

Hi Terri,
I might be able to help you with that! Try calling or visiting filtertechs.com. Just be aware that the dual tower unit will process 40,000 cu ft of Grade "E" air to oxygen compatible air. Your limitation is a 6 month installed life. If you are filling 80's, that is a lot of fills in 6 months. Basically a high volume level. You might want to consider a portable unit if your demand over 6 months is smaller.

Also understand that you MUST use stored air to supply the unit. It cannot be fed directly from the compressor. L. Factor lists this as a 20 cfm unit. That is based on a supply pressure of 3000 psi and an outlet pressure of 0. In order for the air to reach O2 compatability, the dwell time must be extended. This is accomplished by putting a flow restrictor on the outlet. As the down stream pressure(back pressure) increases, the flow will be reduced. As equalibrium gets closer the flow will decrease to a trickle. On average, with a 4500 psi supply(cascade) it will take close to 15 minutes to complete a nitrox fill in an 80, pp blending.

Craig

Hi Craig,
Thanks for answering. I'm going to have my tech give you a call to better explain our system.
His name is Denny.

Terri

Back
Top Bottom