File Error on my 35 minutes recoding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hyc

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I was recoding a 35+ minutes clip yesterday but when I tried to playback, the camera display shows a blue screen with the word "file error" on it. I have been using the camera for few weeks now, mostly only recorded around 2-3 minutes, never seems to have any problem. This was the first time I just let it recording while we're cleaning up the mess left by Hurricane Sandy.

Seems like Insta-gator and rada_vibe have had the same problem:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/underwater-videography/417764-intova-sport-pro-15.html

Sounded like there may be a firmware upgrade? Hopefully this is an easy and quick fix, I'm leaving to Bali for my diving trip the coming Saturday. Please help ASAP! Thanks!

My firmware is V2012051919
Using 32GB Sandisk class 10

Hello hyc,
Here are instructions to download and install firmware update to resolve "file error" issue with Sport HD.
1. Click this link to download firmware update: http://www.intova.net/firmware-update/
2. Extract firmware update file (yamaha.bin) from zip file.
3. Transfer firmware update file to a blank Micro SD card.
4. Place card into SP1 card slot: camera must be off.
5. Turn SP1 on; file will install automatically (LCD will show a rotating circle of dots and then camera will turn off).
6. After installation, remove firmware update file from MicroSD card.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
Joe Ganahl

Hope it works. Fins crossed.

Using old fumble thumbs via Tapatalk 2

Reactions: hyc
Yeah!! The firmware upgrade seems to work. I recorded a 20 minutes clips last night and playback just fine! Haven't tried anything longer yet but the before the upgrade video seems to die after 3 minutes.

I have to say, Intova's customer service is amazing. Few minutes after this post and emailed to Intova Tech support, Joe emailed me back and told me he will send the firmware upgrade when he got back to the office. Hours later, I got the file and instruction. Thank you Joe! You're my new hero.

Will post pics/vids from my vacation when I come back!!

Thanks again!

Fantastic!!!! Just in time for your trip.

According to the USPS tracking number my replacement SP1 should be here today. Thanks, Joe.

I'll test it out upon arrival and let y'all know how it goes (and what the firmware version is.)

---------- Post Merged at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Replacement camera arrived USPS today. :bounce:

Everything seems to be working like a charm. Being an experienced user this time, I was sure to:

1. fully charge camera
2. set auto off to OFF
3. set LCD off to OFF
4. erased anything that might have been on my SD Micro (using my computer, not the camera)
5. formatted SD Micro in camera

Took 30 minute video. :thumb:
All worked.

Erased that video, reformatted SD card (just to be sure) and am currently recording a longer video to be sure everything works properly.

BTW, the firmware version on this camera is V2012081321

Thanks Kevin and Joe at Intova. I only have good things to say about Intova customer support. :clapping:

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:11 AM ----------

Ok I've discovered, verified, what hyc was talking about. The new camera will stay on for as long as I want it to. However, in 1080 resolution it will record about 50 minutes of video, then begin a new video. Using the date/time stamp I could see that it didn't turn off or miss anything. It simply began a new video file, but continued recording. In 720 is recorded for 1 hour 3 minutes before starting a new video file. IMO, not a deal breaker.

Also, in 1080 the image was jerky, even though the camera was sitting on a table. In 720 it was much smoother. I think my SD cards are class 6, 16GB. Perhaps a 8GB, class 10 would perform better.

Hey Joe,

Is there an Intova download area where we can check from time to time, to pick up that latest upgrades and fixes (you know, like for motherboards, etc)?

They are at DEMA this week so responses from Joe, Kevin and William may be slow.

Just got back from my vacation, here are 2 of the best pictures from the trip. (frogfish at Japanese Shipwreck site in Amed, Bali)

In general, I'm very happy with the camera, very good for documenting the trip, not good for close-up, as I've expected. AMBA0825_2.jpgAMBA0847_2.jpg

Just got back from my vacation, here are 2 of the best pictures from the trip. (frogfish at Japanese Shipwreck site in Amed, Bali)

In general, I'm very happy with the camera, very good for documenting the trip, not good for close-up, as I've expected. View attachment 141434View attachment 141435

Nice Pics and thanks for the comments. Please note we have a macro lens now.
Best Regards,
Joe

Back
Top Bottom