Fiesta Americana Closed for Renovation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes indeed - FAVC is closed for the above mentioned time frame; i just spoke with corporate offices in mexico city; if you have confirmed reservations within that time period they are going to call you - FAVC has arranged for other "comparable " hotels in cozumel to take their reserved guests; i am waiting (as we speak) for my list of hotel options to come via email and i will select my new accommodations; hopefully the list of "comparable" hotels will actually "be" comparable; i do not know if it has been sold or if FAVC org. is renovating; i am going to call the hotel now and press on; good luck if you had reservations - i must say IMO if you had reservations i would be aggressive in securing new accommodations rather than sit back and hope for the best - i'm just saying; see everyone in coz : 5/16-26/2013; hope this helps

an update on FA situation: call the hotel and ask for mauricio (011-52-987-872-9600 x403)- give him your email address and he "says" he will send the list of alternative comparable hotels to you; i intend to work this issue intensely but be aware - being too much of a pest may backfire - just sayin; if i don't get my list via email asap i am going to call karla (corporate hq in mx city) and have her email the list to me - no way i am showing up for 10 days with no place to stay; hope this helps

FA was pretty middle of the road, you should not have any issue with any other AI around it being any worse, most likely better. I *ALMOST* booked the FA this year just to try it out.....glad I didn't! I can't wait to see it after it gets a facelift, I think it will be on my list for 2014!

We stayed there in Feb. of this year and had a great stay. However, we did see that they had some problems in our room that needed to be addressed. Our hairdryer didn't work( minor) and you could not adjust the AC because the knob was not there anymore. It was either freezing or off! We solved the problem by having them send up extra blankets!

Saw this yesterday on a booking site as well. hoping the end result is nice.

After seeing what a full renovation did for the Park Royal - it should be a real gem.......!

We've stayed there at least 5 or 6 times in the last few years. Would say it could use some sprucing up, but it's not in horrible shape. 10 months seems like an awful long time to be closed. I wonder - are they really doing a reno? Or is something else up?

hers is the latest - if you "had" reservations at FA, the hotel has made arrangements with the Hotel Cozumeleno to accept your reservations if need be; it's not a great choice for those diving daily since it is north of town; in addition, i read reviews on tripadvisor and many were "fine" but those that were average, poor , or terrible were extremely critical (e.g. food, cleanliness,service); i opted out and will be staying elsewher; i looked at seascapes but many of the reviews indicated that the construction was still going on (very noisy) and that the water in the shower and from the tap smelled like sewage - so, still not sure where to land (good old standby, hotel cozumel, can't accommadate us for the entire trip) - any suggestions?

We've stayed there at least 5 or 6 times in the last few years. Would say it could use some sprucing up, but it's not in horrible shape. 10 months seems like an awful long time to be closed. I wonder - are they really doing a reno? Or is something else up?

Seems standard for a full on wall to wall renovation. The PR and Presidente and Palace were all closed about that length of time (Presidente maybe a bit longer) for their FULL and total renovations. Much different that a *refresher* where they just spruce the place up.......

Try the Park Royal as an alternative? Hotel Cozumel is a step down even from the FA lol.

Having stayed at the Park Royal and the Plaza Las Glorious before and after theirs, I am stoked about the FA. I hope it is done by next summer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom