Ferry tix to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arrive at least 20 minutes before departure
Yes, well, true - but in practice, you get to the dock when you do, then take the next ferry possible.

Really?
What's the price difference?
I'm not sure but I don't believe the bus is much over $2. I've paid for groups coming out of Cozumel to Puerto Morelos a couple of times and it seems 9 or 10 people cost me in the $20 range. It is not an expense to think about.

The colectivo may be cheaper, but you won't save much.
Take the bus ADO - AC and much more comfortable, less than $10usd

I'm not sure but I don't believe the bus is much over $2. I've paid for groups coming out of Cozumel to Puerto Morelos a couple of times and it seems 9 or 10 people cost me in the $20 range. It is not an expense to think about.

It's more than $35 - $40 pesos each.
Airport to PDC is $208.00, or ~ $11.00 USD.
Not sure of the Puerto Morelos to PDC fare.
That said, I too, would opt for ADO over a colectivo, although it's likely that the PDC to north destinations have a/c as the PDC to Tulum does.

It's more than $35 - $40 pesos each.
Airport to PDC is $208.00, or ~ $11.00 USD.
Not sure of the Puerto Morelos to PDC fare.
That said, I too, would opt for ADO over a colectivo, although it's likely that the PDC to north destinations have a/c as the PDC to Tulum does.
No, Playa to Puerto is in the area of $2-3. $4 gets you to Cancun. The airport is higher because that is tourists.

No, Playa to Puerto is in the area of $2-3. $4 gets you to Cancun. The airport is higher because that is tourists.

You're right. I didn't realize that there was such a price differential between the airport and Cancun. Thanks for posting.

You're right. I didn't realize that there was such a price differential between the airport and Cancun. Thanks for posting.
The tourist tax. I've been figuring out how not to pay it since 1996. Passengers on the car ferry to Cozumel are 68 pesos, $3.50. I wouldn't bother but there are quite a few walk on tourists that do. Sometimes it is interesting to do things other tourists don't.

The tourist tax. I've been figuring out how not to pay it since 1996. Passengers on the car ferry to Cozumel are 68 pesos, $3.50. I wouldn't bother but there are quite a few walk on tourists that do. Sometimes it is interesting to do things other tourists don't.

In that regard, we're cut from the same cloth.

Yup, buy at the pier. I never buy round trip as that company that takes you to Cozumel may not meet your schedule on the return.
I like to support other companies besides Ultramar because I remember when they were the only game in town and what they did with prices. I still go Ultramar if convenient, but support the competition as much as possible.

Dear Prop Joe,

Ultramar was not the first and only the best option in Cozumel. That was Waterjets, and the Molina Family. They were and still are all assholes, but Ultramar is the worst by far. I use Ultramar at times but only if the option is to swim across.

I still believe that the competition from Barcos Marninos was the cause by them to blow up their boats, and reduce competition.

Dave Dillehay

Reactions: BRT
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom