February Orca bait Dive??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divers,

Sorry...but I have bad news. In the name of safety I will be canceling the dive trip. I want to do this early for those of you that have to travel. This decision is made with much regret but diver safety is our NUMBER ONE concern and it sounds like the conditions will be, to say the least, really bad.

NOAA weather forecast.

Basically 20-40kt winds and wind waves 2-7 feet. WE can work with 10-15kt winds and wind waves 1-2 feet. We can also usually hide from up to 20 kt winds but after that everything id torn up. Once the wind waves get over 1.5 feet the fun factor turns to fear factor.

Any way here is the official NOAA forecast.

COASTAL WATERS FORECAST FOR WASHINGTON NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA 840 AM PST WED FEB 1 2006

INLAND WATERS OF WESTERN WASHINGTON AND THE NORTHERN AND CENTRAL WASHINGTON COAST

PZZ100-020000- 840 AM PST WED FEB 1 2006.

SYNOPSIS FOR NORTHERN AND CENTRAL WASHINGTON COASTAL AND INLAND WATERS...

STRONG ONSHORE FLOW WILL CONTINUE TODAY. WEAKER ONSHORE FLOW WILL PREVAIL TONIGHT THROUGH FRI WITH WEAK FRONTS MOVING THROUGH. ANOTHER STRONG FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL MOVE THROUGH THE WATERS ON SAT.

PZZ132-020000- /O.CON.KSEW.GL.W.0018.000000T0000Z-060202T0000Z/ EAST ENTRANCE U.S. WATERS STRAIT OF JUAN DE FUCA- 840 AM PST WED FEB 1 2006

...GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS AFTERNOON...

. TODAY...W WIND 30 TO 40 KT. WIND WAVES 5 TO 7 FT. SHOWERS AND ISOLATED MORNING TSTMS. . TONIGHT...SE WIND 15 TO 25 KT...BECOMING SW IN THE EVENING. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. SHOWERS LIKELY. .THU...SW WIND 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. SHOWERS. .THU NIGHT...LIGHT WIND. WIND WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. .FRI...E WIND 10 TO 20 KT...BECOMING SE 20 TO 30 KT IN THE EVENING. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT...BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FT IN THE EVENING.

.SAT...SE WIND 20 TO 30 KT...BECOMING W 30 TO 40 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT...BUILDING TO 5 TO 7 FT.

.SUN...SW WIND 15 TO 25 KT...BECOMING SE 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT SUBSIDING TO 1 FT OR LESS.

PZZ133-020000- /O.CON.KSEW.SC.Y.0020.000000T0000Z-060202T0000Z/
NORTHERN INLAND WATERS INCLUDING THE SAN JUAN ISLANDS- 840 AM PST WED FEB 1 2006
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST THIS AFTERNOON...

TODAY...SW WIND 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. SHOWERS AND ISOLATED MORNING TSTMS. .TONIGHT...S WIND 15 TO 25 KT...BECOMING SW AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. SHOWERS. .THU...S WIND 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. SHOWERS. .THU NIGHT...S WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 OR 2 FT. .FRI...E WIND 10 TO 20 KT...BECOMING SE 20 TO 30 KT IN THE EVENING. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT...BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FT IN THE EVENING.

.SAT...SE WIND 20 TO 30 KT...BECOMING SW. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT.

.SUN...SW WIND 10 TO 20 KT...BECOMING S 10 KT.. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.

If you have any Questions please call me at 360-661-6101 or Email Me at captaindave@deepseacruise.com.

Once again I apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation my have caused.

Captain Dave

Snowbear:
Bummer :frown:

Understand your concern, though.

Thanks for the notification.

Shore dive anyone?
The usual Cove 2? We could still meet fairly early, say 10am, so everyone could get in two dives while still having time to socalize. The tires look terible for the South Sound on Saturday, so Day Island Wall is out. :(

Jimmie

Hey, The weather was my main concern on this...It isn't any fun in high swells, for the divers and the boat Capt.
So, some of us are heading out to Sund Rock Hood Canal...
Any takers...I hear the viz is better below 40ft..
Sat Feb 4th....
Meet time????
We could also meet some place and carpool out to the canal...and I know if we showed up as a group...well we could swing a deal...
Or anyone wanting to dive on Sun...
Kirsten

Snowbear:
What do tires have to do with DIW? :wink:

Isn't Cove 2 packed on Saturdays? If that's the only viable option, then.... I suppose.....
It's not as bad this time of year as it is in the Summer, but yeah I'm still wit you on the "I suppose...". We could hit Redondo instead, with the Tacoma Scuba folks? If you're staying at Bob's, that's one heck of a shorter drive for you AND me. :wink:

Jimmie

Local update: I just took a walk down to Saltwater Park and I couldn’t believe how the water runoff has affected the site; a brown silt cloud extends out to the can buoys that mark the park boundaries, and that was at high tide. I wouldn’t recommend any shore dive site that's near a storm water drain or a river/creek bed. At least not this weekend, so Sund rock sounds pretty good to me.
I still have the van with room for 3-4 divers, if anyone is interested in carpooling. I'm just looking forward to diving this weekend. O yeah, and meeting Snowbear too.

Looks like we are trying to meet at HS&D at 9:30am/10. on Sat Feb 4th...
2 dives possibly 3...
Come on out.
K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom