February 24 Cristal Clear Charters - Free Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalAngel:
Hey Guys... you're gonna have an extra plank in den 2 for sure! My son was admitted to a residential treatment center (Thank goodness, finally<sigh>), but they require parents to come to family nights on Wednesdays and Family day on Sunday. There is no way I can get out of this... and no matter how much I REALLY REALLY want to go warm water diving, my son comes first.... well, at least in this case. :wink:

I hope you guys have a total blast! If I owe anyone money for deposits or whatever, just PM me, and I will get you the moola, k?

:blinking:
Awwwww....that is such a bummer for us!!!! I was sooo lookin' forward to blowin' bubbles together. But good luck in your son's treatment and we'll just have to get together later....hmmm......maybe in SoCal???? :)

Howdy all! What a coincidence, my wife is going to a conference to Miami and on a whim I decided to join her for some diving - only to find out that it is the same weekend as the Cristal Clear SCUBA board outing! How exciting. :)

We currently have reservations in the Ramada, but may change to the Bayside Cay Clubs that CCC recommended. Any other suggestions? Where are people staying?

Carlos

SoCalAngel:
Hey Guys... you're gonna have an extra plank in den 2 for sure! My son was admitted to a residential treatment center (Thank goodness, finally<sigh>), but they require parents to come to family nights on Wednesdays and Family day on Sunday. There is no way I can get out of this... and no matter how much I REALLY REALLY want to go warm water diving, my son comes first.... well, at least in this case. :wink:

I hope you guys have a total blast! If I owe anyone money for deposits or whatever, just PM me, and I will get you the moola, k?

:blinking:

I am seriously bummed. I sat down today thinking I needed to get with you to finalize plans :sad: Maybe you can come in May :wink:

carlosn:
Howdy all! What a coincidence, my wife is going to a conference to Miami and on a whim I decided to join her for some diving - only to find out that it is the same weekend as the Cristal Clear SCUBA board outing! How exciting. :)

We currently have reservations in the Ramada, but may change to the Bayside Cay Clubs that CCC recommended. Any other suggestions? Where are people staying?

Carlos

We are staying at a lil camp like place. Just down the road from CCC. If I were you I'd try to get in at the Bayside so's you could be nearer us :) Let us know what you decide :)

HilaryRN71:
ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!

Several of us have booked a room at Sunset Cove and Beach Resort. For anyone still planning on coming but without reservations (KimP don't book a room unless you think we smell...we counted you in. PM me if you have other plans.) I suggest booking SOON! Rooms are getting scarce QUICKLY!!!

Sunset cove looks very basic, and very economy..which is exactly what I need with three trips planned thus far! There are BBQ pits, tiki huts, and some kayaks and canoes and bikes available for down time. ( I have kids so this is a plus.) It's also at MM 99.5 so it's a short drive to the boats. And..it's pet friendly! :)

We are staying in Diver Den #1, it has bunks for 6. Diver Den #2 and #3 are still available, so you can call and book if interested. The rooms interconnect (NO SNEAKING AROUND THERE WILL BE CHAPERONES!! :no ) (Just kidding!) and are advertised as perfect for groups! So...that is the scoop on rooms.

Now...what is the timetable for arrivals on Friday? I would like to host a get-together on Friday nite for anyone local or arriving by then. Maybe some margaritas or rum runners? Some dogs on the barbie?? Let me know!!! If I don't hear from y'all...then I won't make plans. It would be TERRIBLE to make a few pitchers of margaritas and have to drink them all by myself! :partytime

Hi guys :D …. The weekend is coming, weather man says weather looks great:wave-smil … I am booked am 2-24 and pm 2-25 …
I should be arriving at Sunset cove around 7’ish :yelclap: … are we doing food … should I bring something?? And I am staying den #1 correct :huh: … should I check in or come straight to the room??:eek:uttahere
I can’t wait … this is going to be fun.:blinking:
Kim P

I wonder if they're firm on their date range for a free dive trip. My gf and I are going to Key Largo March 2nd to 4th.

Divergirl4u:
I should be arriving at Sunset cove around 7’ish :yelclap: … are we doing food … should I bring something?? And I am staying den #1 correct :huh: … should I check in or come straight to the room??:eek:uttahere
I can’t wait … this is going to be fun.:blinking:
Kim P

I should be there by 5:00pm

Missdirected:
I am seriously bummed. I sat down today thinking I needed to get with you to finalize plans :sad: Maybe you can come in May :wink:

I am totally bummed, too. I would so rather be there than be here dealing with all this shist! I won't be able to do May, because of the youngest's baseball season. Maybe July, for Invasion?

Hope Costa Rica was awesome for you! :D

Who's diving Ft Lauderdale Friday? :D Lil sis is taking the day off of school so we were thinking of driving to at least Ft Lauderdale Thursday evening. That is if I can find a reasonable place to crash at.

Ok Scubaboarders- Update on the weekend. And Miss D, feel free to edit post #1.

All divers staying at Sunset Cove:

Den #1- Tracy, Lil' Sis, Hilary, Munchkin #1 and #2, and KimP

Den #2- Diving4Me2 and Scott.

Den #3- PrudentDiver and son, and Sarsi and Kat (non-diver friends of Hil and Pru)

I'm planning on getting there early and checking us in on Friday, so if you arrive after 3 pm, just find the Dens!!

I'm planning Happy Hour, with noshies, rum runners, and margaritas. :partytime

And afterwards, there are bbq grills available for grilling out. BYOM. :)

If anyone else not mentioned above is going to drop by, please let me know so I can plan accordingly!!! The more the merrier!!! :wave-smil

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom