Favorite non bib hood for drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is the sizing for Waterproof? My head is 22.5 inches so I’m thinking a medium.
My head is 22.5" circumference, and I got an XL. It's perfect for me.
Edit: wow, that's off the chart. I wonder if it's changed since I got mine a couple years ago?
Edit2: DRIS still has a Waterproof sizing chart that puts L at 22" and XL at 23". LOL, you may want to buy locally and try it on first.

I have a Waterproof and an Apeks hood that both fit well, but I prefer the Apeks because it seals more comfortably around my face with me needing to alter it. As for the bib, you can cut it off and seal with Aquaseal, tuck it into the warm neck, or just leave it flapping about.

Waterproof

I have a Waterproof and an Apeks hood that both fit well, but I prefer the Apeks because it seals more comfortably around my face with me needing to alter it. As for the bib, you can cut it off and seal with Aquaseal, tuck it into the warm neck, or just leave it flapping about.

Anyone deliberately diving with the cone of shame deserves any ridicule they get. 🤣😂

With the visibility being 5-10 feet, nobody can see.

But people can see you entering and exiting the water :D

Still looking. I tried K01 to replace the Santi that came with my suit, but the K01 in Size L gives me chipmunk cheeks and might even be slightly tight in the throat. I'm 5'8" tall and average build. It's hard to imagine an XL wouldn't be too loose, but maybe that would have been better. I went back to the Santi (Size L) which doesn't seem to be made of material discernibly less stretchy than the K01.

Maybe I'll give the Neo a try. I suspect that getting a good fit from a hood is a lot like getting a good fit from a mask--it's an individual thing.

Still looking. I tried K01 to replace the Santi that came with my suit, but the K01 in Size L gives me chipmunk cheeks and might even be slightly tight in the throat. I'm 5'8" tall and average build. It's hard to imagine an XL wouldn't be too loose, but maybe that would have been better. I went back to the Santi (Size L) which doesn't seem to be made of material discernibly less stretchy than the K01.

Maybe I'll give the Neo a try. I suspect that getting a good fit from a hood is a lot like getting a good fit from a mask--it's an individual thing.
I tried a K01 large and had the same effect, I ordered that because in every other hood I own (OS systems, Otter, Edge, and my FFM hood) large is what fit. Exchanged it for an XL and the fit was fine. The XL, to me, was bigger but not that much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom