Favorite non bib hood for drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like the hoods made by Seasoft Scuba. I have the Seasoft 6mm and 3mm drysuit hoods. Seasoft recently released the Nanook hoods that come in 6mm and 9mm, but I have not worn them to make a recommendation.

I tried a K01 large and had the same effect, I ordered that because in every other hood I own (OS systems, Otter, Edge, and my FFM hood) large is what fit. Exchanged it for an XL and the fit was fine. The XL, to me, was bigger but not that much.
Thanks, I'll give XL a try. If it does the trick, it shouldn't be difficult to sell a lightly used K01.

I am partial to the K01 hoods. As a disclaimer, I am also a dealer for them.
The K01 8mm and the waterproof 10mm will be about the same warmth, I don't notice any difference in cold between the two.
Where they differ is comfort, the K01 is incredibly stretchy and soft, the waterproof isn't.
If you are looking for warmest for your dollar, the 10mm waterproof probably takes that.
If you are wanting more comfort and not that worried about the cost, try a k01.

I am partial to the K01 hoods. As a disclaimer, I am also a dealer for them.
The K01 8mm and the waterproof 10mm will be about the same warmth, I don't notice any difference in cold between the two.
Where they differ is comfort, the K01 is incredibly stretchy and soft, the waterproof isn't.
If you are looking for warmest for your dollar, the 10mm waterproof probably takes that.
If you are wanting more comfort and not that worried about the cost, try a k01.
Thanks for the info. I was looking at the K01 hoods but it doesn’t look like there are any dealers in California to see one in person

What, no love in this thread for Fourth Element hoods? I've tried on a lot of hoods, and the only one that's fit me well is the 4th El. 5mm XXL.

I think hoods are a must-try-in-person thing.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the K01 hoods but it doesn’t look like there are any dealers in California to see one in person
Correct, there is cave country dive shop in Florida, myself in Michigan, and Dan's in Canada. Shoot me a PM, I can probably get one in your hands to try on.
Most shops won't deal with them, it is a premium product that few people buy and it has crappy margins. Good business is to stock what most people buy and makes money.

Correct, there is cave country dive shop in Florida, myself in Michigan, and Dan's in Canada. Shoot me a PM, I can probably get one in your hands to try on.
Most shops won't deal with them, it is a premium product that few people buy and it has crappy margins. Good business is to stock what most people buy and makes money.
👍 we got ours from Dan's

I use a Beuchat 6mm hood.

Different brands are not sized the smae and fit different, so what works best for one may not be best for you. This is problematic when purchasing via the internet.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom