false logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marthacd

Registered
Reaction score
Hi- I'm new on this list. I joined because I need some help. I have reason to believe
that a dive shop in Christiansted, St. Croix has falsified a log with regard to an accident two years ago. The owner claims that the log contains information about that accident that I know to be false. The owner (who was not present) claims that it was witnessed by a lot of people. She says this despite the fact that the accident occurred when the only people on the boat when the accident occurred were myself and the man in charge of the trip, an employee of the company, as all the others were underwater at the time. My HMO has asked for the name of their insurance company and the owner has been stonewalling me. It is a terrible experience.

Any suggestions?

hi Martha... i've moved your thread here to get you some imput from the "locals"

i am not quite sure what your question is, so you may want to clarify

welcome to ScubaBoard

I spoke with the owner of the shop in question and the boat captain about your issue. It is my understanding that a mechical problem on the boat had the capitain working below the engine hatch in the open ocean while the divers were down. The injured party was on board at this time. They were told by the captain to stay clear of the open hatch. The injury occured when the person got too close to the hatch and fell into the compartment. The captain immediately came to their assistance and tended to the first aid needs of the injured individual. He completed the repairs, sealed the hatch, and upon the return of the divers brought the boat into harbor.

At this time the divemaster on the boat and another employee took the injured party to the hospital for further treatment. The injured party was x-rayed and found to have a few bruises. During the stay at the hospital the dive shop owner arrived to assist the injured party and give them a ride back to their acommodations.

The owner has assured me that if your HMO will contact her directly, she will provide them with any information they require.

The DIVE shop in question has been in orperation since 1983. The shop is the First PADI 5 Star IDC facility on St. Croix. The owner has been diving since the early 1970's. She is a member of the Women's Diving Hall of Fame, and one of the most EXPERIENCEd divers I have ever met.

Cobaltfish, you may want to re-think that avatar. it is used by a very colorful and proliferative poster. Unless you don't mind confused identities.....(It is very nice though)

hey!

i happen to like the avatar

(but you are right... i immediately assumed it was Pilot Fish posting :wink: )

catherine96821:
Cobaltfish, you may want to re-think that avatar. it is used by a very colorful and proliferative poster. Unless you don't mind confused identities.....(It is very nice though)
Yeah, I don't think he'd want to be confused wit PF. Nothing against him, just - don't.

Okay.....I bow to the knowledge and advise of those with more experience than me. I will change my avatar....I actually was planing on it, I have been waiting for a good underwater picture.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom