Question Fair price for used Poseidon Seven

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IslandKraut

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all

I have a potential lead on a Poseidon Seven with allegedly few dives, and serial number starting with 014-x.

It is the REC version with small counterlungs, and just the paddle, but it does have newish 3L Steel tanks, QMR for the tanks, Alu back plate and a wing. Visual condition appears near new, a few scratches on the can.

A few questions as I contemplate this -
1) What is a fair price for this thing - it scans out at ~$8k new with the known options on the Poseidon website.
2) What should I budget for post purchase maintenance? I would want to completely overhaul the stages, clean the O2 tank, new sensors, packable scrubber can, etc...
3) Lastly - I don't seem to find just how much Sodalime needs to go into the scrubber, wondering how many fills I get out of a 20kg keg.

And last not least - In my club this thing fell out of favor, but on this site there seems to be support for the unit.

Note - I only plan to use it within it's green battery limits.

Thanks for the comments!

I've seen them for as low as $3,500, as high as $7,500
I would have said $3500 at the very high end but it is not exactly a liquid market and price will vary by location. @IslandKraut does it have analog or SS sensors?

I would have said $3500 at the very high end but it is not exactly a liquid market and price will vary by location. @IslandKraut does it have analog or SS sensors?
Yeah, I was talking about asking prices, no clue what they are actually selling for. The ones above about 4500 seem to sit for months.

3) Lastly - I don't seem to find just how much Sodalime needs to go into the scrubber, wondering how many fills I get out of a 20kg keg.
According to the Poseidon website it is 2.3kg.
That’s like 2 small dives or 1 big one.

About $14.85

According to the Poseidon website it is 2.3kg.
That’s like 2 small dives or 1 big one.
Thanks for that - so in other words about 8-9 fills per keg of $199 at DGX, so about 10 bucks per dive or 20$ for a long one... Plus O2 of course, but that seems to run about 30$ for both tanks here... i.e. 20$ per small dive total.

Again thanks! The listing did not include any sensors, so I figured it would be between $200 to $2400 depending on whether 0, 2, or 2 SS sensors. Somewhere I picked up the thought that the SS Sensor belongs on the third head, and then one would just buy one? To me it sounds like one just gets two SS and is then done for a long time.

Ok so if $3500 for high end, the small simple REC version is probably less, right?
So it seems you guys have saved me from a Buyers Regret - Many thanks!
I guess I will just sling sidemounts... :)

Back
Top Bottom