Faber HP Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarysmith

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What is the deal with Faber HP t :eyebrow: anks at the 3100 psi. With PST tanks unable to ship, what is wrong with them. At least they are available, Leisure Pro has some in stock. Am I missing something?

jgarysmith:
What is the deal with Faber HP t :eyebrow: anks at the 3100 psi. With PST tanks unable to ship, what is wrong with them. At least they are available, Leisure Pro has some in stock. Am I missing something?

Nothing wrong with them, they can be pumped to 3500 and hold 102 cf. I have three for sale, NOS and out of hydro but have never been wet. Black, clean with your choice, DIN or Yoke connection. $150 ea.

Yeah, you are missing something. Its been said before. Faber's are painted, PST's are hot dipped galvanized. Big difference.

Yes, a big difference to those of us who regularly dive salt instead of sweet water.

Doc

You are being misleading. Faber exteriors are zinc coated (metallized) and painted with urethane. Moreover, the interiors have a rust protective coating called iron phosphate The PST interior is bare metal. It is the OMS tank, not Faber branded, which is painted over metal on the exterior. The OMS tanks are imported from Faber and coated with boat paint (Imron) in the US.

The PST HP fails hydro even when no damage is evident. This is due to the thin walls and tricky metallurgy. Special test procedures are required and even though the hydro test is conducted at less pressure than other types of tanks. The Faber is bulletproof.

drbill:
Yes, a big difference to those of us who regularly dive salt instead of sweet water.

Doc

Keep looking, maybe you'll find it.

LUBOLD8431:
Yeah, you are missing something. Its been said before. Faber's are painted, PST's are hot dipped galvanized. Big difference.

pescador775:
Keep looking, maybe you'll find it.

Find what??? FTR, I own OMS cylinders, Faber (Non-OMS) cylinders, and PST cylinders, also Catalina, and Luxfer AL cylinders. I do know the difference between a quality cylinder and an inferior cylinder.

I just bought a brand spankin' new E8-119 and took it in to have all of the o2 stickers slapped on it...they stuck a light down in the tank and said "no way"...there is a large amount of flash rust in on the inside of the tank. I am currently getting a refund, I won't mention any names unless its good...and only when it is over.

Oh yeah. Imron isn't boat paint...its airplane paint. I use it all the time good stuff, expensive stuff...but not tough enough for a tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom