Faber HP Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Imron is used in many applications of which not all are appropriate. When older fiberglas boats are painted Imron is one of two paints that are commonly used. My boat is Imroned because that is the only type that the particular marina will guarantee. If I had known how slippery the stuff is I would have required that more grit be added for the deck surfaces.

iflyprops:
Oh yeah. Imron isn't boat paint...its airplane paint. I use it all the time good stuff, expensive stuff...but not tough enough for a tank.

iflyprops:
I just bought a brand spankin' new E8-119 and took it in to have all of the o2 stickers slapped on it...they stuck a light down in the tank and said "no way"...there is a large amount of flash rust in on the inside of the tank. I am currently getting a refund, I won't mention any names unless its good...and only when it is over.

There have been threads about this issue before. Have your dive shop call up PST and ask them about the rust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom