Weird Faber tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People are thinking there are stamps under the epoxy. Then they were re-coated and FABER ITALY was added. They're suggesting you strip the paint off and see if there are hidden/covered stamps.
Or it (epoxy) isn't as thick where the visible markings are...

I've seen automotive body filler over condemned markings or where someone thought they were cute by stamping their name into the tank...

They are a lost cause, so time to investigate...

someone thought they were cute by stamping their name into the tank...
Nothing wrong with adding more stamps to a tank as long as they are on the crown and don't obscure the DOT required marks.

Unfortunately, these tanks are worth about 20 cents/lb (scrap value) or maybe a little more as nice wind chimes.

maybe a little more as nice wind chimes.
Is that just a running joke or do people actually make wind chimes out of decommissioned tanks? Steel only I'm assuming? Adjust the frequency by length? I can only imagine the wrath of my wife when she is woken up with a DONG DONG DONG sound at 2am and I start laughing about the "new wind chimes" hanging from the old oak tree.

Is that just a running joke or do people actually make wind chimes out of decommissioned tanks? Steel only I'm assuming? Adjust the frequency by length? I can only imagine the wrath of my wife when she is woken up with a DONG DONG DONG sound at 2am and I start laughing about the "new wind chimes" hanging from the old oak tree.
wind chimes, gongs, bells etc. Steel is real. Wives and neighbors might not agree. LOL

Steel and aluminum

Aluminum really doesn't have the sound quality....

Tank chimes are divers harbor bells!

Could they have been advertising displays? Do they feel like real pressure tanks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom