Weird Faber tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bamared64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone..i need some help!
I recently purchased 2 steel faber tanks from a closed technical dive shop inventory and tried to have them inspected and certified through my local dive shop..i was informed in no uncertain terms that would never happen..i contacted Faber in Italy ,sent pics, and asked what i had And what i could do..The responding representative told me that they never made those particular tanks and not use them..and that was it!..who would make counterfeit steel scuba tanks and not put all the info on them?..and these are steel heavy tanks..Am i screwed?..pics enclosed

Attachments

• ymail-tmp-3534094855632230194.jpg
    ymail-tmp-3534094855632230194.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 191
  • ymail-tmp-5694412919417532394.jpg
    ymail-tmp-5694412919417532394.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 185
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 191
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 182
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 188
Mind measuring and weighing? Entirely a guess, but looks more like a heiser 190 with a beuchat y valve or an abnormally large euro cylinder. Either way, something that has been resprayed and coated. SOL without some serious elbow grease to figure out what it says underneath.

Without a DOT or CA (canada) stamp you're not going to get them filled here. Scrap or wind chimes.

beuchat y valve
The y-valve could be of value. It is most likely a G3/4 (3/4 BSPP) thread for European diving cylinders. If it were 3/4 NPSM (US), I suspect it would be worth more due to rarity?

You can fill a Euro tank in the US only if you have your own compressor.

You can fill a Euro tank in the US only if you have your own compressor.
Even with your own compressor it'd be good to know the service pressure lol

Can you make out any of the stamps on there?

Mind measuring and weighing? Entirely a guess, but looks more like a heiser 190 with a beuchat y valve or an abnormally large euro cylinder. Either way, something that has been resprayed and coated. SOL without some serious elbow grease to figure out what it says underneath.

If you notice in one of the pics..they actually have FABER ITALY written on both tanks..but absolutely nothing else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom