Extremely BAD News: Dutch Springs likely closing permanently ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aren't we all just going to keep calling it Dutch anyways? A heck of a lot easier to say than LH... I could see people maybe calling it The Lake.. idk. It'll always be Dutch, lol.. heck we even hyphenated that and I never heard anyone say "Springs" afterward... divers are just lazy people (myself included!).
Maybe just call it "Duh" to save more time?

Maybe just call it "Duh" to save more time?
Maybe? I don't think it's about saving time, it's just easier... nobody calls me by my full name when they talk about me either.

The reality is nobody cares what it's called as long as it's opened.

Aren't we all just going to keep calling it Dutch anyways?
Yup, I was thinking about that during my flight back to NYC, just as we were landing at Idlewild....

From their website:

How does Lake Hydra work
The Lake is for scuba diving & Freediving training. This lake is ideal for brand new divers just becoming certified on up to professionals training to become scuba diving instructors and everything in-between. All dives must be supervised by an insured professional diver. This would be an Instructor or DiveMaster supervising the dives and following recognized scuba diving standards set by certifying agencies such as PADI, NAUI, SSI and more.

From their website:

How does Lake Hydra work
The Lake is for scuba diving & Freediving training. This lake is ideal for brand new divers just becoming certified on up to professionals training to become scuba diving instructors and everything in-between. All dives must be supervised by an insured professional diver. This would be an Instructor or DiveMaster supervising the dives and following recognized scuba diving standards set by certifying agencies such as PADI, NAUI, SSI and more.
Trust me the local divers are all well aware

"Folk said the quarry is a gem, with clear water and great conditions for diving and training. "

Going to be used only for training? Kiss the "clear water" part goodbye.

Maybe? I don't think it's about saving time, it's just easier... nobody calls me by my full name when they talk about me either.
Woooosh! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom