Everybody else iced in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm dreaming of any place down south. We were iced in this morning, I awoke to a power failure, cold house and NO COFFEE!!! @*^#$

We got power back in time for a couple of important conference calls and some coffee, good thing I can work from home, the roads were full of idiots.

Second round of ice just started, I sure hope we keep power this time!

I drove into work this mornig at 5 am. I had power at home then, but can't say as of now, since I'm still at work. AT 5am the roads had not been touched by a plow & what is normally a 10 min. drive took me about 25 min. A regular truck driver (also a paramedic ambulance driver- if anyone can handle those conditions, he can) for the mill called & said there was 2" of ice on the road. It was all he could do to stay on the road.

Be safe. Luckily we're getting snow and not ice.

Thanks for reminding me why I live in Florida. I do not know how you even get out from under your warm covers in the morning. Thinking about going outside sends chills down my spine and I don't want to even imagine what it's like to scrape ice from a windshield. I've done that when I was younger, but never as cold as you are talking about. Go inside and have some hot chocolate will ya?

i would tell you how bad the winter weather is here right now, but i don't think it would help you feel any better :wink:

I "had" 2 40' curly willows in my backyard garden. The remnants of Hurricane Ike took one out last fall. I had just FINALLY gotten all the wood hauled off and cleaned up last weekend. Now, the second is all broken up by the ice and will have to be removed.
Snowing like the dickens here in Clarksville.

Well I'm defrosting the thick layer of ice off my car right now .... and this is TEXAS!!! What is wrong with this weather??? :depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom