Even the strongest can falter ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimber... all of us need help at some point, including those who have experienced far less than you have the past few years. We are thinking of you and wishing you all the strength and courage you need. You have many friends in this community (not to mention a few fiends like myself!). I still wear pink on my inflator hose despite being accused of being a Commie pervert (the pervert part I can live with). This comes all the way from Sarasota FL where I got to watch the Conch Republic divers do a shark tooth dive in Venice yesterday.

Kimber, we only fail when we quit trying. You, young lady have not failed. You are an inspiration, so keep truckin girl.

Hey Kimber,
Obviously you're a driven person, with such great accomplishments earlier in life it is really tough when we are not achieving what we expect to. While you're beating yourself up stop and take time to stop and remind yourself of your accomplishments. Most of us who had successes in the past expect them to continue, and have a tough time dealing with setbacks. But remember your accomplishments; Look at where you were a year ago, take pride in being a Mom who is leading by example by continuing to try no matter what. You fall down, yeah its embarrassing, but I'm sure you have seen people who would give a lot to be as well off as you, I know my brother would. You've done amazing fighting your way back, being Mom and trying to rebuild your life; take the time to hide a bit, let others prop you back up then get back to fighting.

I know its tough, and only you know just how hard it is on you, but keep trying. Really take the time to realize how much you've done, you know the will power and how much you've had to push yourself. Take pride in that keep going; I know easier said then done; but you already have enough successes to know that perseverance pays off eventually.

Hang in there, we know you're fighting a tough fight, but we all very proud of what you've done so far and continue to pray for your continued recovery.

Again wow! Thank you all again for your great words and continued support. You never cease to amaze me with all the lovely words and fantabulous gestures of encouragement. Thank you all for helping to bring some sunshine into a very dark and bleak time for me.

Love,

Kimber

Kimber, you are always in our thoughts and prayers! We love you! Be strong!

Again wow! Thank you all again for your great words and continued support. You never cease to amaze me with all the lovely words and fantabulous gestures of encouragement. Thank you all for helping to bring some sunshine into a very dark and bleak time for me.

Love,

Kimber

Okay, remember this one with me - On your very first pool dive on your first day of scuba class....What did your instructor tell you to do?

Breathe. After that it's just details. The rest will fall into place. Breathe. Nice deep breaths. Slow. Regular. Now, doesn't that feel better? I agree, running face-first into a wall of problems sucks. It hurts and it makes you angry. You can do it.

Breathe.

DC

Love,

Kimber

Your struggle IS the light we all need! Just relax and bask in it Kimber, life will reward you.

Oh there's my lil' pink winged angel in the picture with her gorgeous blonde locks and smile...Honey..cuddles...cuddles...cuddles...cuddles...cuddles...cuddles...

Wow it never ceases to amaze me all the support and good advice found here...it's often the love of others you have never met that gives you that bounce to get up and do it all again...that one word...Mrfixitchapman says it well..."breathe"...

Your never alone...and the hardest person to accept is always ourselves...

ahhhh "breathe"...big hugs princess! (we'll have to send you more vegemite-that fixes everything- ;o) xoxoxo

Oh there's my lil' pink winged angel in the picture with her gorgeous blonde locks and smile...Honey..cuddles...cuddles...cuddles...cuddles...cuddles...cuddles...

Wow it never ceases to amaze me all the support and good advice found here...it's often the love of others you have never met that gives you that bounce to get up and do it all again...that one word...Mrfixitchapman says it well..."breathe"...

Your never alone...and the hardest person to accept is always ourselves...

ahhhh "breathe"...big hugs princess! (we'll have to send you more vegemite-that fixes everything- ;o) xoxoxo

Vegemite? Well, then, might as well get a little Nutella, too.

DC

Well I'm still here with no potential date to go home.
My right eye looks like somebody hit me in the face with a baseball bat from my late-nite fight with the bathtub. Bathtub -1 Kimber - 0 I don't think ill go for a rematch! :)

Something positive came out of my falling though - they called for a physical therapy eval and now I am receiving pt every day.

I have also had the chance to help some other people since I have been here.

A 27 year old girl who I met and stated hanging out with - eating with- watching tv etc.. was beaten up - had 3 broken ribs - all of her clothes and personal items stolen so she had absolutely nothing but the clothes on her back.

her family was from out of state and she wasn't living locally at the time so she had no friends here either.

All the clothes she ended up getting were donated and it seems when people donate their clothes they aren't the most stylish ones around by any stretch of the imagination. so when my niece brought my clothes to me I gave her severl shirts - long and dhort sleve - a few pairs of pants - some victorias secret underware - a bra - some warm matching pjs - some magazines and a really warm fleece jacket.

She just had nothing and nobody here yet she was such a genuinely nice person. I have so much at home and have and had people help me out when I really needed it that I just felt the desire to do this for this girl.

it made me feel really good to be able to help somebody else like that.

gotta go to lunch - more later

Kimber - posting from the psych ward

Reactions: D_B
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom