Even the strongest can falter ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...Great, heart warming story.. it made me feel really good to be able to help somebody else like that.

Maybe that's why you are there. To help and comfort that poor girl...
Psst... your light is getting brighter!

....... I have so much at home and have and had people help me out when I really needed it that I just felt the desire to do this for this girl.

it made me feel really good to be able to help somebody else like that.
sounds like karma at work to me :D

:hugs: remember, one day at a time kiddo.........

Well friends come and go around here - Jennifer actually left to go to a crisis house yesterday. I will miss her smiling face but I hope she does well.

I have also become friends with another woman that came in the morning after me.

When we were in a group today about 'what recovery means to you' - I was asked why I was wearing the boot on my leg and was I going to recover anytime soon. So I told my whole story from the beginning to the day I was brought to the psych ward and the lady running the meeting asked if anybody had any comments.

My friend said that I have been a role model for her and her biggest cheerleader. She would never have come as far as she if I wasn't here.

Another woman who rarely talks and never smiles said that when she starts to get upset about her problems since she got beat up she thinks about what I'm going through and hers don't seem so big anymore and she actually smiled! :)

And one last story - my roommate who left today suffers from acute paranoia - skitzophrenia - hypoglycemia - and the list goes on...

The staff here isn't very patient with her and she has come back to the room EXTREMELY upset on many occasions. When she does so I will talk would talk with her in a soothing and tell her it was ok - ask if she had eaten anything recently - breathe with her - get her some water and when she was finally calmed down - I would have her lay down and close her eyes for awhile.

They should be paying me to be here and not charging my insurance company an amazing amount for me to be here! :)

More tales from the psych ward later...

Kimber ... whose lifestory is going to make a very interesting book someday!

They should be paying me to be here and not charging my insurance company an amazing amount for me to be here! :)

THAT'S THE KIMBER WE KNOW...cheeky little monkey..she is...:10:

Just read your entries from your days adventure...isn't it so sweet to give something to someone else...a word, a light at the end of the tunnel, a smile...you can't get that on Mastercard!

Just you take up your pen or little typing fingers and tell us a story...and we'll meet someday for a nice drink and I'll give you that cuddle I keep promising...beware...Mrs A has had one...not sure if your up to it young lady...

and as the sun rises this morning...look out the window...it's all for you...every day we get a chance to start again... :D

That was beautiful and elegant, Neetski

Kimber, Remember that this fight, while it may be yours to fight, know that you have many in your corner standing firmly behind you .. take as long as you need to.
Your boots and your gloves will be there when your ready to put them on
PinkShoes.jpg

PinkBoxingGloves.jpg

... and we'll be there for you when you do

and speaking of pink gloves..... hubby trainer had his chrissy party today that due to hail ended up at his studios.....

one of the ladies there was telling me aboot her new boxing gloves she loved... they were pink

so we started talking about the pink gloves and ended up talking about you Kimber.... i swear both mine and this womans eyes welled up with tears while talking aboot you..... you are so brave and i hope you are being kind to yourself!

take a day at a time...... thinking of you :hugs:

Kimber ... whose lifestory is going to make a very interesting book someday!

Don't forget the pink hardcover!

I think we should start a contest to help you pick the title!

Based on your post above, here's my (first) entry!

"How Thinkining Pink Keeps You From Feeling Blue!"

Kimber,

I don't know you, but after reading this thread I am spent from crying, both from reading of your struggles and the incredible support from all your friends and SB family. You are an amazing woman. Even while being in a place where you should be relaxing and letting other people help you, you are still reaching out to others and helping them.

You need to erase the word "failure" from your dictionary, sweetie. You are anything BUT! I believe everything that happens in life has a purpose. If you didn't reach out and ask for help when you did, the people who's lives you've touched and are continuing to touch in the hospital wouldn't have taken place.

The fact that you've beaten the odds and are where you are now proves that you are a survivor. Allowing people help you when you need it is also a sign of strength. Remember you said how good it felt to be able to help that woman who had nothing? We deprive others from that same good feeling when we don't allow (or ask for) help when we need it, so never be afraid to acknowledge that you have needs, too.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. You WILL get through this, just take it one day (sometimes one minute) at a time. You have a lot of people cheering you on. Don't rush the process; it's not a race.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom