Error 408 Request timeout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrome

Ok. I changed more stuff. Let's see what happens.

I've been getting it a lot this afternoon/evening. Chrome.

If you're reporting this, to try to correlate these events... please report time of day and timezone that you approximately received the error, and possibly the page you were trying to load.

Thanks.

12:33 pm EST, from forum home, did "find new posts", it timed out.

reloaded from browser to new page

12:34pm EST, from Forum Home, selected User CP, it timed out

Chrome, XPpro

6-18-14 around 1415 EST. I was viewing the "Bad deal on EBay." I tried to go back to New post list by using the back button. Regular Google with XP Pro.

Chrome, happens all over the board, and at many different times of day. Just happened a minute ago.

It is not limited to one browser or version. I'm getting it on a regular basis too regardless of browser or version. None of the changes in the last days have made any difference.

It also happens immediately after the mouse click. No delay suggests to me that it's not the site that's receiving the request and then mishandling it. It seems to be getting rejected on the front door. Maybe a firewall or a hardware issue.

R..

There is nothing in the log correlating to the errors, so it could be either a piece of hardware in the rack, or the load balancing software. If it's hardware, that will be more difficult to deal with and may take some time, as that would mean Pete would have to go to the datacenter.

I'm still investigating the software possibilities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom