Attachment links broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
You probably already know this, but in case not.

Not all, but many attachment links are broken. These are not old links, either. Some are from this past Sunday. Some from yesterday. Just that I've seen so far.

Sometimes, I click one and got an Oops, page not found error.

But, more concerning is that there are ones where I click it and get the wrong image. This seems to be a privacy/security issue. I mean I'm seeing images that maybe I'm not supposed to see. That were possibly only uploaded and sent via PM to someone and not intended for public consumption?

Anyway, here is a link to a post where the attachment link gives a "not found".

The only ones I've seen so far that give the wrong image are in a PM thread, so I don't know how to share a link to that.

The DB was corrupted and we did lose some attachments. We also had to restore from sometime Sunday, so data may have been lost. Please re upload any attachments that were lost.

The DB was corrupted and we did lose some attachments. We also had to restore from sometime Sunday, so data may have been lost. Please re upload any attachments that were lost.

My bigger concern is seeing attachments that I'm not "supposed" to see.

Are other people seeing attachments that I did not intend for anyone to see but the recipient of the PM I sent it to?

This was indeed one of the headaches:
Screen Shot 2023-10-02 at 18.23.27.png

Are other people seeing attachments that I did not intend for anyone to see but the recipient of the PM I sent it to?
Just know that *any* attachments show up in the backoffice overview!

I just clicked a fin link (STek) and got one of you light posts. This may be somewhat entertaining.

I managed to restore the 386 corrupted records from an older backup. In theory, the attachment issue should be fixed now. If you come across a thread with wrong attachments, please send me the url in a personal message.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom