Equipment Shops in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BjFaeTorphins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm heading to Cancun in July and would like to get some information about purchasing a regulator and bcd.

I figure that with the strength of the Pound v USD that my money should go a long way plus it would save me the bother of buying one here and taking it with me, given the excess baggage stress handed out by the airlines these days.

I've tried to find shops on the internet but not had any success.

Anyone got any personal recommendations?

hi,
equipment shops in cancun, yeah, there are a few, but beleive me its not a cheap as you d imagine, pretty much along with prices in the states, however,
scuba toys, its in downtown cancun, 10mins from the hotel zone, they stock scuba pro, have a good selection and range, teck stuff too but probabaly the most expensive shop in town.
aquaworld, or aquaworst as we call them here in cancun, they have two boutiques, cressi, mares, aqualung, again a big selection, rediculous prices and the staff do not have a clue about anything, they re selling for commsions.
ocean sports, downtown shop, small range, cressi primarily, average prices but not much to choose from.
sub aquatec, its a big provider for the dive shops here, they wont sell to you but they ll sell to me, aqua lung, us divers, sherwood, retail prices maybe a small discount, let me know if i can help you there.
mayan aqua dive, we are set up by mares, only mares but have a pretty nice range in the shop plus i can get anything from the catalogue.
cozumel, has a wider selection but even more expensive the truth been told, maybe check out on the net, seems the best place if you know what your after!
send me a pm if you want any specifics, i ll track it down and give you a price range.
ben in cancun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom