ebay MK5 competition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are serious about wanting it, advertising it on SB will only increase your bidding competition.

My exact 1st thought also....Maybe the OP is one of those 'buy high & sell low' kinda people....

That's a nice looking MK5, but it does not have the heavy yoke so technically it's not good for 3000 PSI. It'll work, but you would want to look for a heavy yoke or a DIN connector. It also has the older 3/8" HP ports, which means an adapter for use with current HP hoses.

I wonder if the seller is the same Bluewater diving that is a SB member and SP tech.

No it is NOT

My exact 1st thought also....Maybe the OP is one of those 'buy high & sell low' kinda people....

....I think I have the market cornered on that idea-plus I rebuild them. :dork2:

As far as the recommendation of SP not to use 3000psi on their 3000psi yoke, well I think we need a couple more volunteers. :D Has our swivel retainer crew returned yet, or is the Coast Guard still dragging for them?

I just had a look at the eBay MK5 SS is interested in. I am not convinced it doesn't have 5 lp ports even though it's advertised as 4. Some owners do not know the plug on the end cap is actually installed in a port. Is there a way to tell if it has 5 ports by looking at just the shape of the turret?

Thanks,

Couv

The 2 LP port configuration is perfect for a suit inflation bottle. I have several MK5s, including some with the weak-ass yoke that I keep around for spare parts or if I ever manage to find a DIN converter.

It is already overpriced. I figure $30 if it has 5 LP ports and a heavy yoke. I'd wait for a good one.

Good advice.

ebay can be a funny place, and the psychology of the "auction" can take over, resulting in gear selling for WAY more than it is actually worth. People just have to win the auction, seemingly at any cost, and drive the prices way beyond reason. I've seen "nearly-new" used regulators sell for $30 more than the exact same brand new model can be purchased! :idk:

The current crop of Mk5's listed on ebay are just a bit too high-priced, even if you plan to DIY the overhaul. I'd recommend waiting, unless you just have to get one, in which case I'd spend a little more for the heavy yoke.

Or, you could ask awap, couv, halocline, et. al., if they are willing to part with one of theirs..... my guess is that they have nearly cornered the market on Mk5's and -109's... :wink:

I'm keeping mine however!

Best wishes.

It is fun to wonder who is and isn't bidding on the old stuff!

I'm sure I've been outbid by and outbid most folks here who shop on ebay for Mk5's, 109's, pilot's, etc.

It always amazes me when I win a 4.99 starting bid auction for a Mk5 for 4.99, then lose another one (like the one mentioned in earlier) for some crazy price.

What got me started on this thread was several times I would be following an auction just to see a week or so later someone posting a question with a picture of their newly aquired ebay regulator. I figured we were bidding against each other. A good thing if you are the seller.

Back
Top Bottom