ebay MK5 competition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a nice looking MK5, but it does not have the heavy yoke so technically it's not good for 3000 PSI. It'll work, but you would want to look for a heavy yoke or a DIN connector. It also has the older 3/8" HP ports, which means an adapter for use with current HP hoses.

I wonder if the seller is the same Bluewater diving that is a SB member and SP tech.

It is already overpriced. I figure $30 if it has 5 LP ports and a heavy yoke. I'd wait for a good one.

What is stamped on the bottom of the yoke? It sort of looks like 3000. Is it not goo for 3000 psi service?

What is stamped on the bottom of the yoke? It sort of looks like 3000. Is it not goo for 3000 psi service?

Yes, it is stamped "3000" but, according to Scubapro now, it should not be used at greater than 2475 psi service. I do use one like that at 3000 psi as do others, with no reported problem but....

Actually, the yoke can be upgraded. For me, the bigger distracter is the missing 5th LP port for which an upgrade is very hard to find.

I have a few with the 3000 yoke, no problem for me as I use LP steel tanks. I recently got a sweet MK5 for $15 with shipping off ebay. The most I have payed for a mk5 is $30. I often wondered if us scubaboarders are bidding against each other. In this case probably not as it's already at it's max value for us. I think this MK5 will go over $30.

Yes, it is stamped "3000" but, according to Scubapro now, it should not be used at greater than 2475 psi service. I do use one like that at 3000 psi as do others, with no reported problem but....

What do they recommend for the older yokes that don't have 3000 stamped on them? I just picked up a really old one with a circlip that holds the two port turret on.

What do they recommend for the older yokes that don't have 3000 stamped on them? I just picked up a really old one with a circlip that holds the two port turret on.

Well, if you ever need some spare parts like a piston, spring, body, cap, or seat retainer; you are in good shape. That yoke is quite light and has only a 3/8th inch yoke screw. You could upgrade to a heavy yoke (I believe any Scubapro heavy yoke will fit but you are still left with that 2 LP port swivel. I have always avoided that configuration Mk5.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom