Eating dog meat......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You people have no idea...... rat's the way forward....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Deep Fried Field Rat[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 mature rats or 8 small rats [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10-15 garlic cloves, crushed [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 tbs. salt [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 tsp. pepper [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Skin and gut the rats, removing the head and toes. Mix garlic, salt, and pepper into a paste, spread on the meat, then place in direct sunlight for 6 to 8 hours, until dry. Fry in deep vegetable oil for about 6-7 minutes, until crispy and yellow in color. Serve with sticky rice, sweet-sour sauce, fish sauce, or a hot chili paste, and raw vegetables.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]From Strange Foods: Bush Meat, Bats, and Butterflies, an Epicurean Adventure Around the World, Jerry Hopkins, photos by Michael Freeman, North Clarendon, VT: Tuttle Publishing, 1999
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I wonder what kind of lizards are appropriate. Seems it would take a whole heep of them to make much of a recipe. Too much trouble. Maybe substitute crocodile tongue instead?

_Bella_:
I wonder what kind of lizards are appropriate. Seems it would take a whole heep of them to make much of a recipe. Too much trouble. Maybe substitute crocodile tongue instead?
Depends how big the lizard is. :eyebrow:

Horrible..you guys can eat everything you like

Jason Ooi:
need poll...please help create a poll...thanks
Man eat dog....Do you thing is fine?

Dog eat dog "fine" or "horrible"

Cat eat cat

I don't have a problem with humans eating dogs so long as the dog is killed quickly and with as little suffering as possible. Beating any animal to death really isn't funny. :shakehead
That said, I wouldn't order it, and I'd be pretty pissed off if someone just served it to me and told me what it was after.

What do you think about eating monkey?

_Bella_:
i've had snake and monitor lizards... no biggie... kind of like a slightly gamier chicken

too many small bones though... a beitch to eat really... i did have wild boar once, freshly caught in the forest and stewed (meat) and grilled (ribs) shortly thereafter... YUMMY

(no referrences being implied or made to mikey veitch)

Jag

You eat lizard :11: How the taste like ????
Kim:
Depends how big the lizard is. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom