Eating and Drinking While Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guillotine:
IS it possible to drink some water while diving?
sometimes I feel I could use a drink cause I get really thirsty underwater lol

never tried it before....I'm thinking now > <

I do this quite often (in fresh water), i also drink those fruit drinks in pouches, its good to keep your glucose and such up.

When I took my BOW course in 1979 one of the exercises that we did was to eat a banana underwater. I think the idea was to get us comfortable in removing our regulator from our mouths. Don't believe that an octopus was standard back then and a power inflator certainly wasn't so having the reg out of you mouth was necessary for both bouyancy and air sharing.

New year...

Great pic! Can I show that to my classes?
Ber :lilbunny:

Guillotine:
IS it possible to drink some water while diving?
sometimes I feel I could use a drink cause I get really thirsty underwater lol

never tried it before....I'm thinking now > <

I've done it in the Florida fresh water. It's real easy - remove reg and drink. I wouldn't think of doing it in the lakes in Arizona or salt water though. I haven't tried it yet, but it's probably just as easy to drink from a water bottle with a pop up top. I've also heard of people drinking from beer cans underwater. The pressure in the can keeps water from getting into the can. The only thing is you have to finish the whole can in one drink. :14:

For longer decompression dives, I always put a bottle of Gatorade with my 70ft or 20ft deco bottle. Just use the sports top caps and drink away. I mostly focus on liquid food, such as PowerGel or something like that. For decompression dives in caves where there are troughs to climb into or stick your head in, you can eat just about everything provided its brought down in a dry tube.

Keep your blood sugar up on long dives is essential...not to mention when diving open circuit, your mouth can get quite dry...having something to drink can be great to help that.

Dave Miner
www.divingindepth.com

Ber Rabbit:
Great pic! Can I show that to my classes?
Ber :lilbunny:

Of course, but if you sell it I get 50%. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom