Eating and Drinking While Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giggi:
I can understand the concept of drinking underwater without getting all the nasty bacteria and stuff in your mouth, but eating? Just the thought of all the microbes that would be on a piece of food that was exposed to the underwater environment makes me nauseous - and my stomach is pretty strong.

I will have you know that all of the bananas I buy in the grocery store are individually sealed for your protection... the swamp water is just a flavor additive.

SEAL's use Camelbak's with either water or gatorade. Sometimes we are "locked out" of the sub for hours on a support swim and you get thirsty. Just attach the camelbak beside your tank and run the tube up by your mouth. Be careful, contents ARE under pressure. It takes a little getting used to.

Somethin-Fishey:
Be careful, contents ARE under pressure. It takes a little getting used to.

How so? The bladders are flexible. Would not the contents be under ambient pressure, just like above water?

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
How so? The bladders are flexible. Would not the contents be under ambient pressure, just like above water?
Tobin

Yeah but only air compresses under pressure, liquid or solid do not compress. .... Sooo I guess that sponge cake won't be as big a serving as you thought :05:

I always carry a Kool-Aid Jammer in my right pocket. Great for deco or safety stops. Grape, of course.

kool-aid.jpg

I think Tobin’s new item is on the market. Am I right, Tobin?

In addition, Weezle is also making the same one, but it can’t be attached to the double tank in the same way. I might get Tobin’s one soon.

http://www.weezle.demon.co.uk/wds/decodrinks.html

One more question:

Yours is also the same as Weezle's one? I like an idea of boil and frozen function...

" The inner bag can be boiled, frozen and comes with a lifetimes guarantee (under normal use). "

cool_hardware52:
hoosier:
I think Tobin’s new item is on the market. Am I right, Tobin?

Yes you are.

Tobin

Things on the menu underwater should inclue oysters, and scallops of several species. All are easy to open, if you get your knife in before it closes. The hard part is getting the meat to your mouth before the fishies steal it from you. This is especially true if the fishies include triggers.

FT

anybody tried those foil packs of stuff like frosting that runners use? you get them in running specialty stores (and prolly other places - i haven't been looking in a while). seems they would be easy. i have a friend that eats granola bars underwater, but i dunno if i'd do that. expecting crunch and getting sog might be icky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom