Dutch Springs May 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabob123:
Macdiver,

What's the water temp at Dutch?

I was there this weekend. My dive buddy recorded 57 at the service and 47 at depth (<70 feet). I dove wet in a semi-dry. I was toasty warm on the first dive, but a little chilly on the second. But our surface interval was pretty cold, which probably had an effect on dive 2...

Still trying to figure out when my next trip to dutch is...

Did any of guys go out to Dutch this weekend. Kind of curious of the conditions.
The warmer than normal temps. we've had the last couple of weeks should being helping out the water temp. What was it like out there?

Was up there all from Driday to Sunday afternoon..... The water was in the low 50's on the surface..... Drysuit temp if you ask me. During the day the weather was great, at night we were hit with some serious thunderstorms....... Had a great time and can not wait until my suit comes in...

Danny

P.S. I tried to look for the WV sign you guys were talking about, no luck.

Danny,

So you don't have a dry suit yet? Were you diving in a 7mm wet? If so, how did you hold up with a water in the low 50's? Still in the mid 40's at the 1st thermocline I would bet.

Bob

Danny,

Sorry no one was there with the WV sign this weekend. I was with a class and as such did not setup my tent and Grunzster did not make it until late Sunday morning and he just hung with us so he did not set his up either. We will have to plan and do a WV Long Island dive one day. I know that Grunzster and some ScottyK dove Secret Beach on Saturday.

TTSkipper

I think Scott said Secret Beach has a pretty early tide in 2 weeks, so maybe we can do that Saturday?

If the weather cooperates, that Saturday should be a good day for a dive. It will also be the best day for those of you who will need to do some driving to get out here. There will be a lot of traffic heading off the island on Sunday, and even more so Monday with the holiday weekend.

The temperatures were warm (very warm) and the coolness of the water was perfect. The byline is that my wife and I and our fine friend Kathy Nanovic certified three new divers and two dry suit drivers. A forth diver would have been certified but developed an ear problem on the first descent.

I was able to either dive with or at least meet three WV menbers on Saturday. Sean, Shane and Sylvester.

Grunztser dropped by on Sunday. Good to see him again (since Jan 18).

I did a total of six dives and my muscles are paying me back today! The viz was 40-50 feet on Saturday but deteriorated on Sunday due to the traffic and several thunderstorms on Saturday night. The numbers I was give was approxiately 700 divers on Saturday. I have no numbers for Sunday, but I estimate there were at least 300 divers. DUI was terrific. When one of my dry suit students ripped a seal, DUI was kind enough to lend her a new 50/50 with zip seals and warm gloves. She is sold on DUI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom