Dutch Springs May 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm thinking of driving up Friday afternoon (3-4 hours I think from CT) and diving Saturday. Have to confirm but would need a buddy if I do. Also diving wet.

Bill, I think it was a little over 400 people yesterday. Good seeing you again too, and finally got to meet the official WV eye in the sky!!! Dawgpaddle.

When you get a chance send me the details on the SC Labor Day trip. I'm pretty sure I'll go. As I said my plan is for a few mini vacations over the summer.

Anyone want to buddy up, maybe split a room, and driving duty?

This is the bricks and mortar dive club I belong too. Saturday is Buddy Day and I will be there alone. I should be in site at 8:30 AM ready to dive,dive,dive! All I need is someone to share it with.

BTW, Aqua Nuts meets the first Monday of each month at Otto's, a fine German establishment next to the Days Inn on Rt 611 in Horsham, PA. Only a couple miles north off the PA exit 343 (formerly exit 27, Willow Grove).

Ask to see Bab, our fantastic leader. Sign up and enjoy all the fun!

Macdiver and myself were the first in at Dutch on this beautiful morning. This was his first trip to Dutch, so I took him to the helo via the school bus and a compass navigation. Viz again was 40 feet with temperatures at 50 feet around 48 degrees.

Our second dive was a trip through the comet and onto the island. The crane was a look see and then around the island, over the airplane and then back via the boats. Macdiver was only using an AL 80, but had excellent air consumption rate. Unfortunately, this dive proved to be a bit too long for Mac and we had to surface on the platform and swim back to the ramp.

Be on the look out for Macdiver. He is from NJ and loves to dive. He was a great buddy and fun to talk with.

Since I was originally there for the UWW buddy day, I was able to enjoy all the food that Nancy (the person who is the brains behind this shop) had to offer. UWW has an AOW class and probably another 16 divers just wanting to dive.

My third dive was with a pick up from UWW. Jim, a NAUI instructor went in with me and we just meandered around until we used almost all our air. Dive time was about 40 minutes. Jim was trimming out a new BC and I just hovered around (effortlessly) trying to impress him!

A great day of diving. Unfortunately, I never saw Vternowski although I did ses DIR regulars just hanging out on the platforms hovering.

BILLB:
Macdiver and myself were the first in at Dutch on this beautiful morning. This was his first trip to Dutch, so I took him to the helo via the school bus and a compass navigation. Viz again was 40 feet with temperatures at 50 feet around 48 degrees.

Our second dive was a trip through the comet and onto the island. The crane was a look see and then around the island, over the airplane and then back via the boats. Macdiver was only using an AL 80, but had excellent air consumption rate. Unfortunately, this dive proved to be a bit too long for Mac and we had to surface on the platform and swim back to the ramp.

Be on the look out for Macdiver. He is from NJ and loves to dive. He was a great buddy and fun to talk with.

Since I was originally there for the UWW buddy day, I was able to enjoy all the food that Nancy (the person who is the brains behind this shop) had to offer. UWW has an AOW class and probably another 16 divers just wanting to dive.

My third dive was with a pick up from UWW. Jim, a NAUI instructor went in with me and we just meandered around until we used almost all our air. Dive time was about 40 minutes. Jim was trimming out a new BC and I just hovered around (effortlessly) trying to impress him!

A great day of diving. Unfortunately, I never saw Vternowski although I did ses DIR regulars just hanging out on the platforms hovering.

Too bad i didnt hook up with you - I was there and i was probably the one you saw hovering on the platform. next time

I apologize for not posting sooner. As Bill said we had two great dives saturday morning. I had to leave at 1230 so I didn't get much of a chance to talk to the other UWW divers. Bill, Thank you for the tours and orientation to DS. Hopefully on my next trip I can hook up with some of the other SB'ers.

Mark

macdiver:
I apologize for not posting sooner. As Bill said we had two great dives saturday morning. I had to leave at 1230 so I didn't get much of a chance to talk to the other UWW divers. Bill, Thank you for the tours and orientation to DS. Hopefully on my next trip I can hook up with some of the other SB'ers.

Mark

Next time we get together, I will pass on to you a CD of your dive!

BILLB:
Next time we get together, I will pass on to you a CD of your dive!

Hey Bill, will you be there Saturday? wouldn't mind seeing myself on the video to see if I had any improvements...

I am leaving for Key Largo on Saturday for a week of warm weather and diving. I do all the deep wrecks in the area and then some deep ledges and reefs.

I edited the video for Macdiver last night. I have a 30 second clip of (you?) a single diver in doubles (steel tanks) hovering. Look on the Wreck Valley site and I may get around to posting the clip.

I have no schedule for going to Dutch again until late July. I may want a buddy to do a Thursday morning dive off NJ. This depends on my travel schedule. I have an Hawaiian trip the week of 7 June (no diving) and the earilest time will be 12 June before I am back into local diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom