Dry Tortugas Live Aboard Thanksgiving Day Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LindaBluedolphin:
I should be on that list! I have a confirmation? :D

Does anyone know of anyone in the Ft. Myers area who can help me get to the boat from the airport, then to a hotel near the airport Sunday night?

I also believe Stu is going.

As for the standby list I understand a friend of mine from the NOVA area is on it and a frined of mine from work (I think she said she was #1), but don't know that for sure.

Linda, if it helps I emailed the boat this morning, As soon as I hear from them, I'll copy and paste the email , so everyone knows

FLTEKDIVER:
Linda, if it helps I emailed the boat this morning, As soon as I hear from them, I'll copy and paste the email , so everyone knows

I emailed Sherry earlier in the week, and she really could not tell me if anyone from the Ft. Myers area was on the trip or not (I know about Stu and he has a 2 seater, I know from experience a 2 seater = 1 diver and gear period).

They are in zone 9 and as of the most recent posted fares it is about $38 to get from the airport to the boat.

I am just not sure what time to book a flight in (I also may have limited choices, but from my available choices).

My other thought was to fly into Ft. Laud and carpool with someone over there and fly out of Ft. Myers (I might stay a day or two into the next week since I have the entire week off).

I still have time on the flight I think considering I will most likley be flying Soutwest.

stu_in_fl:
yes, I'm going.

Stu, do you mind if I ask what kinda camera you have?

The over seas pictures are beautiful, as well as the UW

I use a Oly C8080 in a Ikelite Housing, with a DS-50 Strobe, TTL

Awsome pictures, see you on the trip !

Canon S80 with an Ike housing (used to have the S500 with Canon housing until I flooded 2 of them !) - not had much fun with my DS-50 strobe yet (so majority of photos have been close up without strobe) - Ike just swapped the slave controller for a manual one (the TTL slave just doesn't work with the S80) - but the EV Manual controller they sent had a problem, so I have sent it back for replacement...

....I also used to be lucky and get sent to some nice places with work - some of those places would be difficult to take a bad photo regardless of which camera!

I'm also in.

After our dive trip today, you might want to make sure you have insurance on *all* your gear. Make sure it covers flood damage. :D

Richard

stu_in_fl:
Canon S80 with an Ike housing (used to have the S500 with Canon housing until I flooded 2 of them !) - not had much fun with my DS-50 strobe yet (so majority of photos have been close up without strobe) - Ike just swapped the slave controller for a manual one (the TTL slave just doesn't work with the S80) - but the EV Manual controller they sent had a problem, so I have sent it back for replacement...

....I also used to be lucky and get sent to some nice places with work - some of those places would be difficult to take a bad photo regardless of which camera!

I hear ya, you cant beat the Ikelite housings .
My wife has a Canon A620 , which I was going to get a canon housing for, I'll forget that now that I heard you had two of them flood!!

I'm not that crazy from what I heard about the EV Manual Controller, Let me know how that works. I heard in shallow waters, its hard for the EV controller to read the flash.

I just upgraded my system from the OLY C5060 , with int strobe, to this whole set up, So I'll be taking lots of pictures on the trip!

Updated list from folks who have replied:

Marvel
FLTEKDIVER
David (???)
PalauDiver
PalauDiver GF
DawgDiver
SFLDiver
Nate G
Bob G
Myself
My hubby
Matteo
LindaBluedolphin
Stu_in_Fl
PacketSniffer

That makes 15 (which still includes David???? ) So we're still five short for the final list.

DiveGal01:
Updated list from folks who have replied:

Marvel
FLTEKDIVER
David (???)
PalauDiver
PalauDiver GF
DawgDiver
SFLDiver
Nate G
Bob G
Myself
My hubby
Matteo
LindaBluedolphin
Stu_in_Fl
PacketSniffer

That makes 15 (which still includes David???? ) So we're still five short for the final list.

You're quick! I was about to ask you if I was chum or something. :wink:

I'd still like to see the list from Ult.Getaway that officially confirms Who is On the boat.

Been stung once before on boat reservations ...
Just cuz they cashed my check ... don't mean squat.

Trip Leaders .... Please?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom