Drinks anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6:30 sounds good to us. We'll probably get into town around noon. That will give us the afternoon to dive shop hop or nap. wink

I can come up this weekend and I too will stay at Motel 6. My husband is going out of town with his brother so it will be just me. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I use to live in Arlington for 20 years. I was certified at Arlington Scuba in 77. Anyone remember George Cummings. His son Tommy runs the shop now or did the last time I was there 8yrs ago? I also did a lot of business at Tuckers before I moved.

We have a problem at Pappadeaux's. They do not take reservations....even for groups as large as 20. What's up with that?? They have a "banquet room",but they require at least 25+ people to reserve it. The person I spoke to(Rachael) said we would need to call about an hour ahead to "hold" a table for a certain time,and we were still not guaranteed no wait. If need be,I will arrive as early as 5:30-5:45 and get the table.

UPDATE: Ok,here's the plan(there was actually a plan????) I'm going to be at P-Deaux's at 5:30-5:45 on Saturday. Everyone else 6:30. I will do my best to get the un-accommodating :nonono: to accommodate our table needs. I don't think this will be a problem. If it is a problem, Ken suggested we mingle in the bar and porch area. This is the plan. :clapping:
How will you know us? A diver down flag in the immediate area.

Mingling sounds good to me. It's easier to see and visit with everyone than sitting at a long table and only being able to talk to the 4-5 people closest to ya.

How will we know everyone? What's the odds af anyone else in P-Deax's wearing dive T-shirts! wink

Dee:
Mingling sounds good to me. It's easier to see and visit with everyone than sitting at a long table and only being able to talk to the 4-5 people closest to ya.

How will we know everyone? What's the odds af anyone else in P-Deax's wearing dive T-shirts! wink

Doesn't everyone know someone who will be there? Just follow the crowd!

Good work Mardigras.

Now if I can just get "reservations" at Motel 6....

Mike...I'll just be looking for you and Ken! About your reservations....when I called they didn't seem all that booked up. 'Course how could I tell, I don't speak Pakistan/Indian/whatever and he definately wasn't speaking english! But I do have a confirmation number, for all the good it would do me.

Dee:
Mike...I'll just be looking for you and Ken!

Just look for some people that look crazy enough to be divers!

Anyone heard from Catch22? I emailed him a couple of days ago and haven't gotten a reply.

Dee, I bet they still have that LP steel tank at College Station LDS. You could stop and pick it up on the way in if y'all want it.
:lol3:

Detonate:
That's close to me as well. I've never seen it before though, I'm afraid.

I live at I-20 and 360 and I work at 360 and Trinity. I drive by it every day.

I am right off of 360 on the north east corner of 360/Abrams. Right up front in a one story business park ( PS Business Park) . We actually face 360 Northbound and we have a big sign that says SCUBA in red letters on a white background. Have you ever heard of Bicycle Tech or Papa Bear's CB shop? Papa Bear's closed down but they were in the location about 3 doors down from me for about 16 years. I think I need a lighted sign...

Back
Top Bottom