DPV Price vs performance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please show me all of the $500 blacktips. I will buy them all.

I hate to break it to you, but a BT tech with batts will still sell for $2k+
Last week, my buddy listed his for $1500 and it sold in a day.

Last week, my buddy listed his for $1500 and it sold in a day.
Yep... If he would have listed it for more, it would have taken slightly longer than a day to sell...

As already mentioned, you should always plan for a scooter failure on a dive. Either have enough gas to swim out or include a tow scooter in your plans. While scooters/DPVs are not rocket science they have the ability to get people very far distances that one cannot normally swim and you can get yourself in real trouble as a result.

This bears bumping in the interest of sustaining awareness about DPV planning principles.

I have a Blacktop from back when there weren't various models. Would I like an expensive DPV? Sure. I'd also like this regulator:
T25 Limited Edition Regulator | Atomic Aquatics
But the thing is, I don't need that regulator to have fun, and I don't need a Tourbillion of a DPV to have fun, and not being able to afford either, I'm happy where I am.

Reactions: L13
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom