Doing rebreather class next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What makes you say that? And why would I not be real? I got a cert in 08 and only did like 60ish dives but since my new cert I have been going ham and doing a lot of dives I am around 250-300 now. So far I have done
Open

Advanced

Nitrox

Dry

Altitude

Search-recovery

Underwater navigator

Rescue diver.

Deep dive

Night dive

All with padi over the last year!

Would you be able to explain this excerpt for this post from late March?
I am still really new to diving 15 dives in so take this at its worth

Would you be able to explain this excerpt for this post from late March?
Yep as stated I do not look at my past diving. Now I dive almost every day “4-5” some days 6 or 7 since I did my new OW!

Yep as stated I do not look at my past diving. Now I dive almost every day “4-5” some days 6 or 7 since I did my new OW!
— winter as I have not done the ice diving class yet! On a + side I will be doing that this winter tho!

What makes you say that? And why would I not be real? I got a cert in 08 and only did like 60ish dives but since my new cert I have been going ham and doing a lot of dives I am around 250-300 now. So far I have done
Open

Advanced

Nitrox

Dry

Altitude

Search-recovery

Underwater navigator

Rescue diver.

Deep dive

Night dive

All with padi over the last year!

The way PADI structures the tec classes leaves a lot to be desired and really makes you wonder what they were thinking. Usually I say hunt the instructor the agency is irrelevant but with tec hunt the instructor avoid padi.

Not other divers🤣. But really its about being on a boat full of divers and knowing I have been deeper.

Quick yank sets the hook. Now reel them in.

IANTD teaches expedition trimix to 450’
Did not know that. Learned something new. Is that OC or CCR?

When I get my rebreather I remember the classes were 100', 200' (did both of those a year apart) and finally 100m. The 100m is still years away, if ever for me. Lots of good stuff in the 100-200' range. The discussion with the instructor for past 100m, not an official class.

Since I was a bit "obessed " with going deep when starting my diving, I wanted to give OP a benefit of the doubt in that he does not really understand what diving that deep involves (if nothing else, hanging on the rope for few hours to decompress just "so he knows he has been deeper" is stupid enough). Reading that he has few hundred dives now ( how the hell you do 6 or 7 dives a day?), I concur, it's an ego thing. Count me in with Kosta's attitude of diving with you.
BTW, although I have never met him, OP saying he wouldn't train with Kosta is another big red flag here. People way more experienced than OP, and way more regarded here, consider Kosta to be a knowledgeable and safe instructor

Since I was a bit "obessed " with going deep when starting my diving, I wanted to give OP a benefit of the doubt in that he does not really understand what diving that deep involves (if nothing else, hanging on the rope for few hours to decompress just "so he knows he has been deeper" is stupid enough). Reading that he has few hundred dives now ( how the hell you do 6 or 7 dives a day?), I concur, it's an ego thing. Count me in with Kosta's attitude of diving with you.
BTW, although I have never met him, OP saying he wouldn't train with Kosta is another big red flag here. People way more experienced than OP, and way more regarded here, consider Kosta to be a knowledgeable and safe instructor
Why would I want to train with a instructor who is a internet D-bag? The fact he rather talk trash and then tuck tail and run is a red flag to me… For the multiple dives in a day I use 36-40% and I call each dive after 30min and depth is no more then 40 feet “usually in the 30 area”! I get out spend 30-45min out of the water and then get back in. If I could live under the water I would. All This is due to the fact I am solo for a majority of the dives so I play on the side of safe. Now as far as the 500 goal The fact a majority of members would rather poo on it is kinda sad. And as far as not diving with me because I want to do it is really sad…

The way PADI structures the tec classes leaves a lot to be desired and really makes you wonder what they were thinking. Usually I say hunt the instructor the agency is irrelevant but with tec hunt the instructor avoid padi.
What if the instructor is with padi lol? I ask because one of the members on this site is with padi and I have been talking with them about doing the tec stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom