Doing rebreather class next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fair dincum.

The Multideco plan was 9mins BT (which is 40secs on the bottom) using 6/70 diluent at setpoint 1.1 with GF50:80

Agreed, the setpoint needs changing to higher
My bottom time was considerably less than nine minutes. What do you show for deco gases? And at what depths did you get on those gases. I guarantee you what you’re thinking is not what I did

Oh, and I did have a reason. And it was accomplished on that dive. The reason was to test in a real world environment the work of breathing characteristics of a new rebreather on the market at 500’. The conclusion: it’s the best breathing rebreather on the planet and breathes virtually the same at all depths.

I only needed a minute at depth to answer that question.
Hi.
Thanks to your answer, I can say that the homemade I took for one minute at only 120M/390' is the best homemade rb at 120M. It is sweet to know that :) :) :)
Now, what about this guy diving with two homemade rbs to 286M/938'?

My bottom time was considerably less than nine minutes. What do you show for deco gases? And at what depths did you get on those gases. I guarantee you what you’re thinking is not what I did
MultiDeco includes the descent time in the bottom time. 18m/minute to 150m = 8mins 20secs to descend (yeah, right) leaves 40 secs on the bottom for your WOB test…. Then two hours for the ascent.

Edit…
Also set the ascent rate from the normal 9m/min(30ft/min) to the v.fast 18m/min(60ft/min)
Now down to 90 minute runtime.

What would be a suitably lunatic ass/decent rate for a geezer on a scooter on a mission? 50m/165ft per min?

MultiDeco can do a max of 38m/125ft per minute ascent and descent. Yay, 42 mins runtime.

Not at all dangerous. Not at all.

Alpinist: a climber who doesn’t use safety equipment. Applicable to divers with insufficient bailout.

MultiDeco includes the descent time in the bottom time. 18m/minute to 150m = 8mins 20secs to descend (yeah, right) leaves 40 secs on the bottom for your WOB test…. Then two hours for the ascent.

Edit…
Also set the ascent rate from the normal 9m/min(30ft/min) to the v.fast 18m/min(60ft/min)
Now down to 90 minute runtime.

What would be a suitably lunatic ass/decent rate for a geezer on a scooter on a mission? 50m/165ft per min?

MultiDeco can do a max of 38m/125ft per minute ascent and descent. Yay, 42 mins runtime.

Not at all dangerous. Not at all.

Alpinist: a climber who doesn’t use safety equipment. Applicable to divers with insufficient bailout.
You don’t know what I know. My descent was closer to 400 feet per minute my ascent not much different

Looking to do rebreather class next year but have a few questions about it. First my local dive shop is able to get in and service PRISM 2 So thats what I am looking at using. First is it a good CCR? The next thing is I want to compleat all the tec ccr padi levels as my end goal is 500feet! Will this unit meet that level of need?
I just had to bring this up. How this thread has matured since the original post. Took 20 pages. Went from WTF to might be possible with a lot of time and a lot of experience. Not going to my local dealer and picking up a Prism and taking a few canned PADI classes to get it done.

With a bit more of a reality check it will be interesting to see where this eventually goes.

I just had to bring this up. How this thread has matured since the original post. Took 20 pages. Went from WTF to might be possible with a lot of time and a lot of experience. Not going to my local dealer and picking up a Prism and taking a few canned PADI classes to get it done.

With a bit more of a reality check it will be interesting to see where this eventually goes.
Let see, took me about 25 years. $50k in instruction and over $100k in dive gear. But, it is doable.

I plan to update this as it progresses!

How many chamber rides?
ZERO DCS

And I can check my commercial logbook, but I’d bet I have over 1000 hours deeper than 200’.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom