Doing rebreather class next year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to the guy from Alaska who’s not only the smartest guy on SB but probably on the internet, I’m not to ask for logs.
What if I just send you pictures of me in a habitat in the Gulf of Mexico oil rig?

I just had to bring this up. How this thread has matured since the original post. Took 20 pages. Went from WTF to might be possible with a lot of time and a lot of experience. Not going to my local dealer and picking up a Prism and taking a few canned PADI classes to get it done.

With a bit more of a reality check it will be interesting to see where this eventually goes.

Let see, took me about 25 years. $50k in instruction and over $100k in dive gear. But, it is doable.

Agree very doable I do 500' (150m) dives quite often, and even deeper. If you have a good reason to go that deep and the proper training it is very possible. Though your typical "PADI" style books and mindset will say you can not with modern technology and science available these days depths in this range are not really that unreasonable to dive to pending you have the training and most importantly the experience and mentorship.

Personally I really enjoy all the amazing life and how different the eco systems down there is. The mesophotic zone I think is the more incredible zone to dive in and most understudies regions. Gorgonians dominate at these depth and are just amazing! Plus you get all kinds of really interesting stork sponges, carnivorous sea squirt's, massive black corals, etc.

I have posted this be for but a perfect example of some really cool stuff you can see at depth. Shot this video last year on ascent from about 150m. And crazy enough this is actually the second one I have seen, saw another one at about 100m 2 years ago.

The only thing I saw at 500 feet was sand and a lionfish the size of a trashcan

The conclusion: it’s the best breathing rebreather on the planet and breathes virtually the same at all depths.
Hmmm mate of mine, a rEvo diver, just did across over to the CM Optima, when I asked him if there was any difference in WOB between the two units, his reply was no noticeable difference.

Hmmm mate of mine, a rEvo diver, just did across over to the CM Optima, when I asked him if there was any difference in WOB between the two units, his reply was no noticeable difference.
Lol. Who was his instructor? He 1000099% has that unit set up wrong.

The rEvo is the worst breathing unit I’m certed in, the CM the best.

ZERO DCS

And I can check my commercial logbook, but I’d bet I have over 1000 hours deeper than 200’.
I've got a sat guy who's retired and works for us occasionally. I needed his log book for an ACE Job and his logs were like 30-45 days long at 500 feet. ACE wanted further proof he could make a 15 ft dive 😂

Lol. Who was his instructor? He 1000099% has that unit set up wrong.

The rEvo is the worst breathing unit I’m certed in, the CM the best.
Hyperbole?

Chest mounted rebreathers or front-mounted counterlungs will always inhale "positively" as the counterlungs are below your lungs.

This comes at the cost of chest clutter.

A Revo is no worse than other rebreathers—it is CE certified and has to meet WOB standards. Arguably the scrubber plus integrated lung configuration helps the WOB as there’s fewer hoses in the path

Hyperbole?

Chest mounted rebreathers or front-mounted counterlungs will always inhale "positively" as the counterlungs are below your lungs.

This comes at the cost of chest clutter.

A Revo is no worse than other rebreathers—it is CE certified and has to meet WOB standards. Arguably the scrubber plus integrated lung configuration helps the WOB as there’s fewer hoses in the path
Lol. Okay.
So what rebreathers have you made a real dive with?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom